Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Even with no acne on your face, its still possible for you to feel as though your life sucks.

I've just had a frustrating day and will probably snap out of it at some point soon.

*sighs and goes off to bed*

i get asked by friends and family alot about how i see life as mine is in constant flux, i usually say it is what it is and if it wasn't this than i wouldn't be me and if i wouldn't be me than i wouldn't know the world as it is and i wouldn't know great people.

i may not like myself but i do value the people around me.

*hugs* i totally know about days sucking tho. i have to work retail and i'm DREADING the weekend. i think i'm going to have a panic attack just thinking of the chaos of women ravaging the clothing section of a department store (where i work) during sale time..THEY'RE ANIMALS!

Im not sure, I do know that if I ever achieve clear skin again I will NEVER take it for granted and will always remember my time with acne and how crap it made me feel. Its such a cliche to say it, and I hate using it myself, but you really do only miss things when its gone. But i suppose when i first got acne, i had no idea it was going to be a 6yr long prison sentence of misery, and so wasnt really bothered about it. at least when i achieve clear skin one day I will be eternally grateful to whatever force has give me a second chance, and as a consequence, will be a billion times happier in my outlook on life.

That's a bold statement.

I was acne free for like ~3-4 months, and it only took a month or so for me to get adjusted and feel normal, and then I took clear skin for granted. I mean, I figured I did my time, it finally went away, woohoo, on with my life. At the end, when I broke out again, I was just plain shocked! And extra pissed of course, because after having clear skin for a while, it really sucked going back. And it's like extra noticeable too. It's not as bad when you have acne and get more acne as it is when you have no acne and get acne.

And I'll probably take it for granted again if (better yet, when) I get clear again.

But yeah, even at times when you're clear, life can definitley still suck. You can still get off on the wrong foot, people can still be mean to you, you can still get sick. All the clear people are definitley not happy and gleeful all the time.

Person vs. life :box:

My viewpoint is acne can significantly impact your happiness. So getting clear CAN make you happy. However if the rest of your life isn't in order, and you don't have real happiness and contentment on the inside to begin with, you will find that getting clear will not make you feel any different than you felt before.