Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey!

I've used RETIN A MICRO for about a year. I stopped using it at the beginning of September because it was just irritating my skin, making it really red, and very very very dry.

Now...my skin is STILL dry and just ... isn't oily anymore.

Anyone ever have this problem? Where they've used an acne product and then their skin got REALLY dry?

What do you think I should do? When I put moisturizer on, or a toner or ANYTHING on it looks fine. But then after I wash it off, or take a shower, it becomes dry again. Same stage. It's like the lotion only COVERS my problem.

So........got any advice for me? lol

Currently, I take 30mg zinc supplements after dinner, take chlorophyll liquid in the morning and at night, use a honey mask once a week, and use a toner everyday that is made of rosewater, witch hazel, vitamin E, and aloe vera.

NO ANTIBIOTICS, OR NOTHING else from the derm..........=)

so...yup. lol

PLEASE HELP!!!

<3

thank you in advance

=)

i really like the cetaphil moisturizing cream. it's really good especially for severly dry skin. when you put moisturizer on, you probably shouldnt wash it off. this is what is making your face dry. you should leave it on over night so this way your skin will be a lot smoother and more hydrated in the morning. just do that every night.

i actually have a few questions for you .. lol. how is the honey mask going for you? what kind of honey do you use and how long do you leave it on? and what is your toner called and is it working for you? because i tried the honey mask(i used 100% pure honey) and i left it on for 15 minutes and i didn't really see too much of a difference.

i really like the cetaphil moisturizing cream. it's really good especially for severly dry skin. when you put moisturizer on, you probably shouldnt wash it off. this is what is making your face dry. you should leave it on over night so this way your skin will be a lot smoother and more hydrated in the morning. just do that every night.

i actually have a few questions for you .. lol. how is the honey mask going for you? what kind of honey do you use and how long do you leave it on? and what is your toner called and is it working for you? because i tried the honey mask(i used 100% pure honey) and i left it on for 15 minutes and i didn't really see too much of a difference.

=D

thanks! I'll give cetaphil a shot. I heard it works well... xD

The honey mask doesn't do much. But the zinc helps A LOT! lol. The honey mask... I leave it on for about an hour. It helps make my skin less dry, and it dries up the already existing pimples. If you have a big pustule or something, just dab honey on the pimple, and place a BAND AID over it over night. Your pimple would be almost gone. ^_^ I use 100% honey too. I use uhmm.. MANUKA honey.

The toner. I just got it at my local GNC. It's called,.... "THAYERS natural remedies. Alcohol - free toner. Rose petal witch hazel with aloe vera formula and vitamin E".

=)

It works really well for me. AND PLUS, it smells nice. Rosewater alone is very good for the skin... I was intentionally going to buy rosewater ONLY, but didn't feel like looking for it when I found this product. lol

hope I answered okay?

THANKS for your response!!!

i love cetaphil cream and suggest using it too, but what your describing sounds like a cleanser issue. i used to always have that too after i would wash my face. what cleanser are you currently using? i would try something specifically designed to not strip the skin like cetaphil gentle cleanser. good luck!

i love cetaphil cream and suggest using it too, but what your describing sounds like a cleanser issue. i used to always have that too after i would wash my face. what cleanser are you currently using? i would try something specifically designed to not strip the skin like cetaphil gentle cleanser. good luck!

I stopped using ALL cleansers. So now I just wash my face with cold water...

=D

thanks for the reply! so where can u get this toner from? it sounds reallly good. :)

oh wait sorry lol i just realized you included that in your answer, so what does gnc stand for?

thanks for the reply! so where can u get this toner from? it sounds reallly good. :)

oh wait sorry lol i just realized you included that in your answer, so what does gnc stand for?

haha.. =)

it stands for "GENERAL NUTRITION CENTER".

they cell minerals, vitamins... stuff like that. I bought my zinc there too

xD