Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DreamClear

*SELENIUM* GET ON THIS CYPHER NOW!

biggrin.gif/

Hey people...The other day I just so happened to walk into a gas station and buy a bottle of Fuze Vitaboost. I looked on the back with all the vitamin info and it contained lots of vitamin A, C, and E...plus Selenium. The description with it was something like "Works with vitamin E to become a powerful antioxidant and reduces scarring." so im like hey and buy a couple bottles. I then start to notice my scars fading, only after drinking like 5 bottles of this stuff! Which brings me to my current regimen: 1000 IU vitamin E everyday, and 200 mcg of Selenium, plus a bottle of the Vitaboost for good measure, mostly for the vitamin A and C. You can cop a bottle of Selenium at any pharmacy.

Oooooh another good product is "C-Extreme Results" by Serious Skin Care. You can check it out at HSN.com. Its pretty much an at home skin resurfacer. My skins looking about 20% better and i started using this regimen like last week. I can't make any promises but i just wanna share whats helping me! So don't get pissed at me if it doesnt work for you...but try it its relatively inexpensive and less invasive than that vinegar/lemon cypher. PAYCE

Another thing: If you smoke it can affect your skin adversly...here are some brands with crazy additives that I have had bad experiences with

Paliament: Terrible...avoid at all costs

R.J. Reynolds: That means any Camel cigs or their subsidiaries

Marlboro: Reds and Blend 51 or whatever number...plus they have KKK on all their boxes! Look for it!

Actually any tobacco company which dumps chemicals in their cigs are bad for your delicate skin cells. In my experience, 3 cigs a day or less wont affect your skin too badly, but more has made me break out.

Djarum: These are clove cigarettes which I smoke now exclusively. They taste better and smell better, but are a little more expensive and harder to find. These don't make my skin worse, probably because these are imported cigarettes which don't have chemical additives. But smoking sucks anyway and I wish I never started. Be advised! The above cigs are bad for you!

I must admit I have been tempted to try the C-Extreme by Serious Skin Care....it really looks like an effective, amazing product, but I don't know what it would do for scars, but probably would help tone and texture a lot. Serious Skin Care does have very good products.

The C-Extreme does help with texture mostly, it makes your skin feel really smooth. It also buffs off the top layer of your skin. So if you use it enough it will eventually get rid of scars. (I hope) but its a good product and i use it once a week. plus vitamin C is known to help heal your skin, so its probably a good investment

Clove cigarettes are worse for you than regular tobacco, try a patch or wellbutrin instead.

http://tobacco.aadac.com/about_quitting/wa...it/how_to_quit/

What doesn't work...

One method that some smokers try is substituting herbal or clove cigarettes for their regular brand. This method is not safe. Herbal cigarettes pose a health risk because they produce carbon monoxide and tar, and because smoke from any plant product can damage the lungs and airways. Clove cigarettes are even worse: the first ingredient is tobacco, not cloves (in fact, tobacco makes up about 60 to 70% of a clove cigarette). Studies show that these cigarettes produce higher levels of tar, nicotine and carbon monoxide than all-tobacco cigarettes and pose the same health hazards.

Yeah - Look, me and Tracy managed to give up smoking in November ... we both used patches for 6/7 weeks and then went cold turkey.

The patch gave me all sorts of skin irritations, I wish I'd gone cold turkey from the start.

I'd been a smoker of 24 years ... if I can do it, so can anyone!!!

I believe smoking will make your skin 'bad'. But, today, I saw a girl that I know, and I found out that she smokes. And, to make matters worse, she has skin that I really really admire. And, another girl that I once know who had porcelain/transparent skin that I just wanna rip out of her and paste it onto mine, and she's a smoker too.

Me? Never smoke, avoid areas with lotsa smoke, and doesn't drink. But my skin? Terrible x 9999999999999999999

Their skin will show the effects of aging many years from now. My auntie has smoked for years and was always drop dead gorgeous, now (she is in her 60s) she looks so much older and has tons and tons of wrinkles.

I believe smoking will make your skin 'bad'. But, today, I saw a girl that I know, and I found out that she smokes. And, to make matters worse, she has skin that I really really admire. And, another girl that I once know who had porcelain/transparent skin that I just wanna rip out of her and paste it onto mine, and she's a smoker too.

Me? Never smoke, avoid areas with lotsa smoke, and doesn't drink. But my skin? Terrible x 9999999999999999999