Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J3N

Your Experiences With Accutane?

I really need some input. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help by answering a few questions, reguarding your experiences with Accutane.

1. In the beginning, was your acne considered severe?

2. Which dosage did you take?

3. How long did you take Accutane for?

4. How long did your face stay clear, after you stopped taking Accutane?

5. I've read negative side effects are common with Accutane. Did you experience any?

I really need some input. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help by answering a few questions, reguarding your experiences with Accutane.

1. In the beginning, was your acne considered severe?

2. Which dosage did you take?

3. How long did you take Accutane for?

4. How long did your face stay clear, after you stopped taking Accutane?

5. I've read negative side effects are common with Accutane. Did you experience any?

1. No, probably moderate fringing on severe.

2. 80mg/day

3. 6 months

4. 3 months totally clear, after 3 months I started getting little whiteheads again ~ I should make one thing clear, if I hadn't started the regimen I'm on now, I probably would have gotten my acne back. As someone else on the board so aptly put it, Accutane is not a cure, it's like a jump start on being able to control your acne. Yes for some people it clears everything away for awhile, maybe years, but for most people the acne will return. Just a matter of time.

5. Yes, the first month my head itched so bad I had to literally wear gloves to bed because I'd itch myself raw. I got some anti-itch shampoo and that took care of itself. I had a few other minor side-effects (like rashes, chest pain, headaches) that were temporary.

Hope this helped, I do not regret going on Accutane at all. I was very happy with it overall.

1. Yes very bad with cystic acne all over

2. I dont no? 2 pills a day..lol

3. Im on week 3

4. Still on it

5. So far all I have gotten is dry lips and a little dry skin

1. My face was pretty mild, but I had more moderate acne on my back.

2. worked up to 40 mg/ day

3. I took it for 5 months

4. My back is still very good, I just break out when I'm all sweaty. Unfortunately, my face still breaks out, but it's very mild. (Accutane is mainly for cystic acne - it can help other types, but that's what it's targeted towards.)

5. My bones and joints hurt like I was an old woman, but that cleared up very quickly after I was done the course. My skin dryness wasn't too bad, just my lips would crack and bleed (not as bad as it sounds. Just use vaseline.)