Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
restored_8775

everyday minerals, is it for me?

I need help on EDM im a guy and i need something that will just cover a little bit of red marks ..i have EDM since last week ..a couple of girls recommended it...and i dont know whats up with my skin but it just doesnt look good ...i used makeup before but only liquid(mary kay full coverage for dry skin) and it seems to cover pretty good but EDM when i put it on looks like it outlines the dry circle around it and leaves the red showin ..i moisturize my skin pretty good too and you cant tell my skin is flaky untill you put on the makeup ..are there any special ways to handle this promblem or is EDM just not for me?

I'm going through a love hate thing with EM. I can understand the issues you're having, as I experienced those too!

Which formula of EM did you try? I found that matte, semi-matte and original glo were too shiny ... and that they did just gather around pores and make them look bigger. But ----- I am currently trying their concealer instead (which is like their intensive formula of foundation) and it is FAR less shiny. It doesn't exagerate my pores as much. Maybe try their concealer, or the intensive line.

If you're very dry, put on a light bit of moisturizer before your makeup. (Let the moisturizer dry completely before adding makeup). Also- is it possible you're not seeing dry skin, but that the makeup is just settling oddly around the more textured areas of your face and making it look dry? I say this because I experienced this with the matte, semimatte and original glo formulas.

Having said that - I am not totally sold on EM yet and am still testing out how to make it look totally natural. If you want something flatter (not shiny) try Signature Minerals. They weren't my holy grail of makeups, but the finish is far more like normal skin, actually, almost too flat - but at least it doesn't shout out, "I'm wearing makeup!". Also - consider getting sample of Lily Lolo (London based)- which I find to look the most natural of all - but only the exchange rate keeps me from buying full sized products - their samples are dirt cheap.

Just some ideas for you.

haha i dont care about the xchange rate. ive got lily lolo samples on their way. hey, if its worth it, ill spend the extra cash and wait the extra days, you know? hopefully the stuff is good <3

If you get the samples, make sure to include a sample of their concealer. It has just a bit of kaolin clay mixed in and when you need heavier coverage over certain areas, I found it to be an excellent concealer! Also - just FYI - I don't know how light or dark your skin tone is - but I found I had to mix their lightest porcelain shade with another light shade (warm peach) to get something the right color (and lightness) for my skin. Don't be afraid to mix colors - I even mixed some concealer with my foundations for better coverage - and it still looked smooth and natural. In fact, I think I just re-sold myself on saving up for the Lily Lolo again. I have to buy 2 foundations and 1 concealer - and it runs me about $60 US.

It sounds like your skin is dry. Maybe try mixing EM with your moisturiser. You will get more coverage as well as moisturises.

no my skin isnt dry ..it could get dry but i moisturize the heck out of it 30 to 60 minutes before i put on the minerals. it doesnt cover for crap compare to the other stuff i have :confused: ....and none of the colors on the website perfect match my skin .

I'm going through a love hate thing with EM. I can understand the issues you're having, as I experienced those too!

Which formula of EM did you try? I found that matte, semi-matte and original glo were too shiny ... and that they did just gather around pores and make them look bigger. But ----- I am currently trying their concealer instead (which is like their intensive formula of foundation) and it is FAR less shiny. It doesn't exagerate my pores as much. Maybe try their concealer, or the intensive line.

If you're very dry, put on a light bit of moisturizer before your makeup. (Let the moisturizer dry completely before adding makeup). Also- is it possible you're not seeing dry skin, but that the makeup is just settling oddly around the more textured areas of your face and making it look dry? I say this because I experienced this with the matte, semimatte and original glo formulas.

Having said that - I am not totally sold on EM yet and am still testing out how to make it look totally natural. If you want something flatter (not shiny) try Signature Minerals. They weren't my holy grail of makeups, but the finish is far more like normal skin, actually, almost too flat - but at least it doesn't shout out, "I'm wearing makeup!". Also - consider getting sample of Lily Lolo (London based)- which I find to look the most natural of all - but only the exchange rate keeps me from buying full sized products - their samples are dirt cheap.

Just some ideas for you.

i use the intensive or semi-matte ...and for the concealer i use the multi tasking concealer ..i mostly just use the concealer on the spots .And today i put on extra moistizer just to make sure if it that ..and nope the same thing :think: so i just used a little of my old stuff ..man makeup is confusing i dont know how you girls do it ..give you guys props :clap:

but i think your right like with EDM it looks better with out any stuff on ..because it outline my rough areas like flaky skin or what not.

and to be honest i think im done with makeup ..4real this stuff is confusing I go to stores with my mother and feeling really embarrassed and letting go any sense of pride i look through makeups with her i find one that i think i like and figure out its just not for me or haves to much chemicals in it then i wait paitently for EDM while i think i finally have something that looks good and is all natural and figure out it doesnt work for me ..so i think im just stopping after this one and not care what anyone thinks of my little in perfections .like if they really care.. :|