Notifications
Clear all

eggs make me break out

MemberMember
(@samariah)

Posted : 10/15/2007 9:46 pm

does anyone else here break out from eating eggs? i thought they were supposed to be good for the skin? maybe its an allergy.

MemberMember
(@clearskins)

Posted : 10/15/2007 9:50 pm

yepp. i breakout with eggs as well. and ive read of so many others that have as well. and ive also actly heard that its sposed 2 be gud 4 skin. i gues u shud eat one, once in a while.

MemberMember
(@pop-politics)

Posted : 10/15/2007 10:04 pm

Egg allergies are one of the most common, depending on where you live of course.

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 10/15/2007 10:10 pm

I'm just starting to think that eggs are a problem for me too. I was mostly clear for a long time just from avoiding grains, sugar, and lactose... but my skin was still very oily... and recently I started breaking out again too. So I just cut out eggs 2 days ago and things seem to be improving. My skin barely got oily today, which is incredible...

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/15/2007 10:11 pm

I didnt know people broke out from eggs. That sucks! Eggs are wonderful :(

MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 10/15/2007 10:15 pm

omega 3 enhanced eggs are the best

the key is to cook the egg whites, leave the egg yolks raw and seperate them... after the egg white is cooked, right before you eat it put the raw egg yolk in and eat it like that.... cooking the egg yolk essentially destroys everything good about it and makes it a lot more unhealthy

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/15/2007 11:39 pm

It is a common allergy, thankfully it doesnt *seem* to be one of mine.

I LOVE eggs. And its funny you say that deantonio because I totally crave raw egg yolks.

I usually poach mine, and get the timing just right so the whites cook nicely and the yolk gets warm but not cooked. Its so damn delicious. Gosh darn it Im liver flushing tonight and cant eat. WHYYYY did I come into this thread! lol I want eggs.

MemberMember
(@mikey06)

Posted : 10/16/2007 9:22 pm

I think eggs might affect me to. I've always ate eggs here and there but just recently I've been eating them everyday. I started to get big pimples around my neck which I used to get a while ago when I used a 3 step topical like proactive. I'm just gonna keep eating them for a while since it's usually one of the more healthier foods in my house but if I keep getting these breakouts I'll have to cut them out and experiment.

MemberMember
(@ell-2)

Posted : 10/17/2007 8:51 am

does anyone else here break out from eating eggs? i thought they were supposed to be good for the skin? maybe its an allergy.
MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 10/17/2007 10:08 am

I found an interesting correltion with eggs and my skin. When I eat a lot of regular factory farm eggs from the grocery store, they make me break out. BUUUUUUUT when I go visit my grandfather up north who has free range, naturally fed chickens, the eggs there dont cause me any problems.

MemberMember
(@eugene_90)

Posted : 01/29/2013 6:27 am

i cant believe im reading this... after 2 months

i quit eggs and finally..

EGGS HAS DESTROYED ME

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/29/2013 10:59 am

Egg allergies are one of the most common, depending on where you live of course.

Yes, they are in the list of the top 8 foods most responsible for food allergies. But you might try eating only eggs from pastured hens that eat how they are meant to.

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 01/29/2013 1:21 pm

Eggs give me pretty immediate headaches and stomach issues. I really didn't want to believe it, but time and time again, adding it in after an elimination diet only did me trouble. These were happy hen eggs too, pastured and all that. I'm thinking about experimenting with pastured duck and quail eggs since there is a farmer near me who pastures them etc.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/30/2013 12:34 pm

I'm wondering about that too...is the yolk more allergenic than the egg white? I usually just mix in 1 yolk with 2-3 eggwhites for my omelet. And yes, the quality of eggs might play a part (free range, organic etc), but if you are allergic to eggs, then you will probably have a reaction to any kind of egg -- perhaps to a different extent, but a reaction nonetheless.

Sometimes it's not the egg, it's the cooking oil....my skin doesn't do so well with olive oil or coconut oil, so I switched to grapeseed oil and I allow myself to have some eggs a few times a week with seemingly less issues.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/30/2013 8:25 pm

People are usually allergic to thw whites. Eat the whole egg.

I wish there was some way I could get people throwing away the best part of the egg to send them to me...

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:24 am

Eggs give me pretty immediate headaches and stomach issues. I really didn't want to believe it, but time and time again, adding it in after an elimination diet only did me trouble. These were happy hen eggs too, pastured and all that. I'm thinking about experimenting with pastured duck and quail eggs since there is a farmer near me who pastures them etc.

really? where do you live?

Btw, how do you people even tell what breaks you out? If you are like me (and have consistent acne most of the time), it is almost impossible to do so, unless you go on a very very strict diet.

According to tim12, eggs give him immediate headaches and stomach issues.

Well when i eat wheat (or white bread), which is considered one of the worst grains out there, i don't get any symptoms from it (minus the acne of course).

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 01/31/2013 1:35 pm

Btw, how do you people even tell what breaks you out? If you are like me (and have consistent acne most of the time), it is almost impossible to do so, unless you go on a very very strict diet.

Well when i eat wheat (or white bread), which is considered one of the worst grains out there, i don't get any symptoms from it (minus the acne of course).

Some googling of your town + farms + eggs/etc should let you know what's around you. It might take some investigation, but there's a good chance you'll find what you're looking for where you live.

It's a guesswork of consistent correlations. It's inductive probability based on an elimination diet. I experiment with foods once I'm clear on a consistent basis to try and figure out what I can tolerate. You have to give it time and repeat it to get a good idea. Big no foods for me usually get pretty quick results (oranges, and certain types of grain products are probably my two big triggers). Something like dairy for me is a bit harder to pin down. Generally, I get oilier skin, and then more blackheads, and then whiteheads. Ghee seems to be completely fine. Cheese generally seems to not give me any issues so long as it is raw and not from a cow. Any kind of non fermented milk (like ice cream, organic good stuff) seems to give me minor issues, but it gets worse if I have it consistently.

You have to accept that health is a fluid, static thing, and it's hard to know in an empirical sense how things will turn out. You especially CAN NOT go about the elimination diet and get results if you are stressed out and have other factors out of order. Then you have too many variables going on to really understand what causes what, which is an issue anyway when it comes to health. Trying to figure out all the variables and not being able to do so in a way that does not stress you out isn't healthy.

I can't speak for your situation and intolerances, but yes, for me, eating whole eggs gives me a headache and stomach issues within the hour. It took me a while to figure it out, but I started to notice that sometimes when I'd go to school after eating breakfast, I'd get a headache. Then when I'd skip breakfast but eat lunch, sometimes I'd get a headache. Other times I wouldn't have a headache. I couldn't quite figure it out until AKL pointed out that it eggs can be problematic for some people, but I never would have thought it was giving me problems. That's when I excluded them on an elimination diet, experimented, and came to the conclusion that I'm better off without chicken eggs.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/31/2013 2:28 pm

Well, with me it was luck. Oranges and other citrus cause me to break out in cysts. But because oranges and juice are such a frequent part of many people's diets and cysts take so long to come and go, I aways had them plus other forms of acne, so never noticed the connection. Besides, I believed my derm whosaidvwhat I ate had nothing to do with it. But then I had tis coworker who got cysts on her chin but otherwise had perfect skin, and one day she said something about having lots of OJ and now her chin was all broken out. So I tested it and found that most cysts went away when I avoided oranges, tangerines, etc, it took awhile before I figured out that I also couldn't have key limes while I have no problem with Persian limes and lemons.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 02/01/2013 4:23 am

I started training my girlfriend recently as she wants to get into shape.

Eggs were going to be a staple of her nutrition to burn body fat. However after two days she was getting very bad stomach cramps. It turned out she cannot eat eggs on an empty stomach or with olive oil.

So had to rethink her diet, so eggs feature later in the day as well as olive oil. I think the combo of olive oil and eggs was messing her up, but separately she is okay with them.

Well random, but just goes to show everyone is unique. Something as silly as her nutrient timing nearly derailed the whole plan.