Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gewel_16

Dry itchy scalp while on Accutane

Hey everyone,

I just got on accutane low dose 40mg once a day about two weeks ago and i'm already getting the dry skin on my face and dry lips! But, i'm also experiencing a dry itching dandruff scalp. Has anyone had this. I spoke with my derms assistant and she said that a dry itchy scalp is not a usual side effect.

can anyone help?

One more question: Are the first couple of months the worst cause it's brining all the pimples out? I'm asking cause i've only been on tane for two weeks and my face actually looks somewhat better except a few flare ups. I still have many black and white heads....is this normal?

Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone,

I just got on accutane low dose 40mg once a day about two weeks ago and i'm already getting the dry skin on my face and dry lips! But, i'm also experiencing a dry itching dandruff scalp. Has anyone had this. I spoke with my derms assistant and she said that a dry itchy scalp is not a usual side effect.

can anyone help?

One more question: Are the first couple of months the worst cause it's brining all the pimples out? I'm asking cause i've only been on tane for two weeks and my face actually looks somewhat better except a few flare ups. I still have many black and white heads....is this normal?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for all your input. "i'm oily" yeah i figured that...i was wondering why a scalp wouldn't get dry if everything else on your body got dry. thanks for that help. Heycan you tell me the difference between a black head and white head? Will the accutane gte rid of the white heads as well? I also asked her if you lose your hair while on accutane and she said the doctor said that he has never known for accutane to cause hair loss. I've heard so many things i don't know whats true anymore.

ScoobyDoo, thanks for your input as well. As for not washing or drying my hair, well thats a problem. I have such oily hair that i'm required to wash my hair every night. If not it looks terribly oily. Another thing is when i don't blow dry my hair its everywhere.

Heycan you tell me the difference between a black head and white head? Will the accutane gte rid of the white heads as well? I also asked her if you lose your hair while on accutane and she said the doctor said that he has never known for accutane to cause hair loss. I've heard so many things i don't know whats true anymore.

ScoobyDoo, thanks for your input as well. As for not washing or drying my hair, well thats a problem. I have such oily hair that i'm required to wash my hair every night. If not it looks terribly oily. Another thing is when i don't blow dry my hair its everywhere.

Hey "i'm oily"

Thanks. What about the ones that looke similar to black heads but like a clear/cloudy seed like substance comes out. It isn't white pus or anything of the sort it literally resembles a small seed? Well the thing is way before i started tane, my hair was always shedding. I hope i'm able to NOT wash my hair everyday. It becomes such a hassle. So, along with tane making your pores produce less oil, it also reduces the oil it produces on your scalp?

I really do appreciate all your input. It helps! Can you pop pimples or squeez white/black heads while on tane? I'm wanting to so bad!!!! I've been using a buffer for my face once a day to take all the dry skin before i put make up on, am i able to use a buffer?

Thanks once again!

If they are black tipped they are blackheads..I've had a few with a serous fluid come out before a formed plug developed. Yes, blackheads look sorta like a seed.

Yes, the oil on your scalp will come to a halt too....no difference remember its skin with sebaceous glands also. You will enjoy skipping many days without washing your hair. Your hair will feel light and soft cuz there is no oil weighing it down.

No dont squeeze blackheads ...I did and scraped skin right off my nose. It makes the skin tender and easily torn.

You can use a washcloth to buff the dry skin off while your face is wet but do it gently. Moisturize well and apply generous amounts at night to ward off too much flakes.

Funny you said that I'm oily, last night i had two bumps on top of my lip. they weren't black heads cause the first one i squeezed...yes i know, i shouldn't have, but when i squeezed it, it looked like a white worm...if that makes sense. Meaning that when i squeezed it a string of white stuff came out....would that be a white head?

A big mistake i made was to think about squeezes the other one. I did and nothing came out but i torm my skin on my upper lip. Trial and error i tell ya. i really regret that! :snooty:

Do you have any pictures on here? What type of acne did or do you have? and how long have you been on tane?

Funny you said that I'm oily, last night i had two bumps on top of my lip. they weren't black heads cause the first one i squeezed...yes i know, i shouldn't have, but when i squeezed it, it looked like a white worm...if that makes sense. Meaning that when i squeezed it a string of white stuff came out....would that be a white head?

A big mistake i made was to think about squeezes the other one. I did and nothing came out but i torm my skin on my upper lip. Trial and error i tell ya. i really regret that! :snooty:

Do you have any pictures on here? What type of acne did or do you have? and how long have you been on tane?

Hey i know you said not to squeez black heads but what i have a white head and it's so ready to be popped? LOL

I should just avoid it all together?

Oh, how is your skin doing?

Have a great day

i have a white head and it's so ready to be popped

Sounds like a pustule if its in the poppable stage if it looks like a bubble (aka as a "head").

Hey "i'm oily",

I know i'm asking alot of question...this all so new to me. I have a question for you and it's a bit personal.

I was online searching for the different side of effects of tane and one the serious side effects was rectal bleeding. WELL.....I'm not sure if this has ever happened to you but a few days ago my stool was somewhat big and it torn my rectum a bit cause when i wiped there was blood on the tissue. Now, whenever i go it's not really healing fast enough so i keep on seeing blood on the tissue for the first wipe. Should i be concerned? is that considered rectual bleeding? It says to talk to your dermatologist right away if there is rectal bleeding. But if it is considered rectal bleeding which i'm not sure yet, then that means i have to stop taking accutane and i've come such a long way to stop now. What is your input?

I'm alittle embarrassed to speak to the dermaolgist's assistant

Thanks in advance

Try using Joeosef skin care dandruff shampoo 2 in 1 with conditioner, it uses natural biosulfur 2% with collagen to moisturize and heal dry itchy scalp. it worked for me. I tried them all T-Gel, nizoral and countless more...

Hey "i'm oily",

I was online searching for the different side of effects of tane and one the serious side effects was rectal bleeding. WELL.....I'm not sure if this has ever happened to you but a few days ago my stool was somewhat big and it torn my rectum a bit cause when i wiped there was blood on the tissue. Now, whenever i go it's not really healing fast enough so i keep on seeing blood on the tissue for the first wipe. Should i be concerned? is that considered rectual bleeding? It says to talk to your dermatologist right away if there is rectal bleeding. But if it is considered rectal bleeding which i'm not sure yet, then that means i have to stop taking accutane and i've come such a long way to stop now. What is your input?

wow, i don't know you but i absolutely love ya! You don't know how much i appreciate all help/input you are giving me. a girl i know said the same thing about fiber, but she toldme to take fiber capsules or the mix. She said that the accutane not only dries the external part of the body but also the internal so thats why that area is very sensitive. On average, when does the accutane take effect and you begin to notice a difference? Oh, you never got back to me about popping my pimples. should i avoid it all together? It's so hard cause i'm a picker! It's been hell not touching my face. Do you have any before and pictures of yourself? BTW, if you don't mind how old are you and what state do you live in?

I'm 21 and live in rancho cucamonga, CA It's about an hour from Los Angeles where i'm originally from.

Appreciate all your help!

Have a wonderful night