Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

Scar formation

How did your guys' scars develop? Were there any distinctive stages involved?

I thought I got out of this nastiness basically scot-free.

Then, I noticed subtle, slightly raised, white masses, like more subtle, wider, slightly blobbier versions of the scars you'd get left with if you were randomly cut by a knife. These follow the lines of the ickiest networks of cysts, which covered, um, approximately 60% of my face.

There were also little, weird, white, irregular star shapes everywhere that look like they're left over from any rogue inflammatory acne that didn't join those damned conglomerates.

I'm quite pale and white things blend in quite perfectly, so they were mostly visible by some slightly irregular texture, but they might've been a bit more striking on someone in possession of a bit more melanin.

So, no big deal.

Now. I'm slowly getting what look to be box and ice pick scars filling in the blobby lines and for every white star. The blobby lines have been there for awhile, so it appears the atrophic scars are popping up out of nowhere, but the white stars are a little easier to track: I have a whoooole bunch of red marks. Each red mark fades, then flakes off. The flaking off reveals a little, white star. The star slowly indents, leaving a type and size of scar proportional to the lesion's original size.

Am I going to get an atrophic scar for every, single white star? And filling up every, single white blob? I thought scars usually looked worse and then better, not the other way around. Are they even actual scars? So, what the heck is going on?

I got very, very desperate and was very, very bad to my skin at a few points . . . I just knew dermatological karma was going to come back and kick my ass . . .

Guest delta force operators

in all likelyhood ull end up with scars,

I'm still noticing new scars and have been clear for about 18 months. I think the damage thats been done doesn't become fully clear until many months afterwards.

But i didn't get any of this white stuff you mention so i can't really compare. I just seem to notice more and more dents that get wider and deeper.

Yep, nothing more depressing then that.

Hmm, could the whiteness just be new skin coming in without a "tan". ("Tan"! What a joke!)

Yeah I initially thought I was lucky enough to have no scars from my severe acne outbreak, just red marks. But about 2 months after I got clear, they started appearing. Now I see that I have a bunch. Nothing you can do, unfortunately. The damage has already been done. So you just have to learn to accept the change and move on with your life. Hard, yes, but you do need to try to accept it. Especially if it is minimally noticeable. But someone on here did post that scars widen some before they fill in a bit. So this could be what is happening. And do remember that they will continue to improve over the next 12 months.

What I have now, I'd definitely write off as "battle scars". If every white star turns into a scar, it could get a bit disfiguring, though: it'll cover most of my face in swiss cheese. Whatever it is, I'll just deal with it as it comes.

Also, the 2 sorts of pre-scars are actually one. I pulled my skin taut around some of the larger blob-lines, and they're made of many, many, many stars packed in together like a bunch of sardines.

Guest delta force operators

ur very creative in the manner in which u post

how long have u used the tazora? and is it helping ur scars if any?

i wanna see the stars that ur talking about i look at my skin and i dont see no stars so what is the starts ur talking about?? sounds like ice pics or box scars...