Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Libertine.

Tried Hydrafill filler two weeks ago

Hello,

I had hydrafill (grade 3) filler done a couple of weeks ago at glow medical clinic in london. I wanted to wait a couple of weeks before posting just to let my skin settle down a bit (not that its an invasive procedure of course).

Swelling and redness only lasted a couple of days or so after which the treated areas looked a bit lumpy (i was told this would be the case and that massaging the areas would help - which it did). Now two weeks later the lumps have pretty much gone.

Anyway, results have not been too great. I had my worst scars treated (mostly boxcar/rolling type) and overall i would say i got about 30% improvement, which for the cost is just not worth it for me.

No doubt others will have more luck than me. The doc certainly did seem to know what he was talking about and said he has gotten good results in the past (but then he would say that i suppose).

hey libertine

how come you went with hydrafill and not something like perlane or even sculptra??

dont glow medical do silicone microdroplet didnt you look into this??

Snowman, the doc said that hydrafill grade 3 would last as long as perlane and in his opinion was better for acne scarring. Like i said before he really does seem quite knowledgeable on the subject so i trust him on that.

He did mention silicon microdroplet but i wanted to try something temporary first just to see how my skin reacted, and he agred that this would be the best route. Also i wouldn't be able to afford silicon micro right now - its quite pricey.

Are you considering fillers snowman?

Snowman, the doc said that hydrafill grade 3 would last as long as perlane and in his opinion was better for acne scarring. Like i said before he really does seem quite knowledgeable on the subject so i trust him on that.

He did mention silicon microdroplet but i wanted to try something temporary first just to see how my skin reacted, and he agred that this would be the best route. Also i wouldn't be able to afford silicon micro right now - its quite pricey.

Are you considering fillers snowman?

o ok so you didnt see dr. dondos?? she was quite knowledgeable on the subject of scars at glowmedical and told me not to bother with any fillers for acne scars but silicone microdroplet!! I am intrigued by fillers as a means of a quick fix b/c there comes a time where you just want to see an instant improvement even if it is temproary. I am thinking about perlane simply for rolling scars as i dont think there is any filler out there that will guarantee to help with boxscar or icepicks apart from maybe silicone microdroplet!!

However the flipside is i am getting dermaroller treatments from dr chu am going in for my 4th one in 3 weeks time and he is against fillers altogether!! I was thinking about getting additional needling from julie at bio2clinic!!

Have you looked at anything else and how much did that dr charge for the hydrafill??

Snowman, i saw Dr Mullan at glow medical. He did mention Dr Dondos but said she dealt more with treating active acne. Total cost for 1 syringe of hydrafill was £235 which he said would last around half a year (but i think 3 months is more realistic).

I'm not considering anything else at the moment. I have dark skin type and currently use bp for acne prevention so i don't want to do anything invasive while i'm still on bp.

Although i would say i only got a 30% overall improvement, 1 or 2 scars look nearly level while others don't seem to have responded at all. I really feel it depends on the type of scarring you have.

Guest delta force operators

i think u should get fraxel