Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MagentaStraberry

Who wishes they never took tane?

I regret it mainly because it didn't work [unless I want to be on it for the rest of my life]. I will not do another round.

nah, i felt like posting it since I lothe her, and KNOW she is a total imbacil. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions, and yes you can expect bashing to occur in a post like this with a dimwitt like her.

I don't regret taking tane. I did get depressed but I attribute that to the acne and not the accutane. It sucked waking up every morning and looking at my face in the mirror.

Suicidal ideations are very different from just depression. People who usually have suicidal ideations suffer from severe depression (which can sometimes result in hospitalization), not mild to moderate.

I don't regret taking tane. I did get depressed but I attribute that to the acne and not the accutane. It sucked waking up every morning and looking at my face in the mirror.

Suicidal ideations are very different from just depression. People who usually have suicidal ideations suffer from severe depression (which can sometimes result in hospitalization), not mild to moderate.

same here, and I am 100% certain. It is proven to change the chemistry of the body and brain. Why else would there be so many crazy side effects that it doesn't. Are we just loonies trying to blame a company for everything that is not perfect. Maybe crazy candian psycho thinks so, but I know for a fact that the drug did change me. My thinking, My bodily functions, my health in general. I believe it is important to share our experiences, not to scare, but to inform others of the possible outcomes.

My derm had me on all kinds of meds for years. Then I decided to take matters into my own hands and try to find natural alternative to treat acne.

Then online I found this famous dermatologist Dr Joesoef who uses natural volcanic sulfur to treat acne, dermatitis, oily skin and more. With natural sulfur as the active ingredient he formulated a Acne Kit. Sulfur is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. We all know what harmful bacteria and fungus can do to a complexion #%*!....

Well I stop with the med and decide to try the 4 step acne kit. Wow in two week most of my acne cleared, and my skin and complexion began to look and feel healthy. I could not believe i had been taking all those pills for years for nothing. Now 5 weeks into it I cant say enough. Sulfur is King for fighting acne.

they make a sulfur soap and sulfur drying lotion 6.6% that i use at night, and then once a week i use murads sulfur mask.

Go natural get off the meds....if you are patient and willing you will find the right product for you.

I remember hearing that sulfur can be really good for acne. Have you found that it completely cleared you, or only "mostly"? And did you find most of those products locally or did you have to order them online?

Might be worth looking into when I finish my course of Accutane as a preventative measure.

Interestingly, I attempted suicide two days before my parents dragged me to a good derm who was willing to put me on Accutane. I went on to have some of the happiest years of my life.

Unfortunately my sebaceous glands are severely stubborn, and it didn't knock out my acne, which eventually kept coming back. But for many people it does the trick, and to them (like my brother, for example), it gave them their lives back and instilled in them the exact opposite of depression: happiness. I have ZERO reason to believe isotretinoin causes depression. Severe acne, however, DOES.

yes, i regret taking accutane. the stress it has put me through because of the hair loss side effect is the most stress i've ever been through by far. i would trade the mild acne i had for my hair not ending up in my fingers in seconds.

Interestingly, I attempted suicide two days before my parents dragged me to a good derm who was willing to put me on Accutane. I went on to have some of the happiest years of my life.

Unfortunately my sebaceous glands are severely stubborn, and it didn't knock out my acne, which eventually kept coming back. But for many people it does the trick, and to them (like my brother, for example), it gave them their lives back and instilled in them the exact opposite of depression: happiness. I have ZERO reason to believe isotretinoin causes depression. Severe acne, however, DOES.

I am almost 1 year post Accutane. I too got scared because of all of the stories I read online about what it could do to you. In the end I had dryness lips, skin etc etc. I think I also lost a bit more hair than usual, but that stopped after the course. I think Accutane is great and my only regret is not taking it many years before.

I would've regretted not taking accutane if I listened to my mom 10 years ago. Unfortunately for me, my acne did come back. I'm currently doing my 3rd course of accutane. I didn't hesitate to do it again either.

Most people with acne suffer from a low confidence level, anti social at times personality. I think that type of effect on an individual is more serious than the common side effects you can experience with accutane. Granted, there are the rare side effects that we should all be concerned about. If you are really scared about taking it, use it as a last resort. See if something else works first.

The majority of people on this forum are people that have acne. Why go to an acne site when you don't have acne? Do you go to a foot fungus forum or a herpes forum in your free time? No, thats because you don't have to worry about that stuff. What I'm gettin at is that this thread is very misleading! Accutane is the most effective treatment for acne, period. There are side effects, just like any other drug, and some experience worse effects than others, but if you want to take accutane you just have to take the risks that go along with it. I myself could care less about nose bleeds, dry skin, depression,etc as long as my acne clears up I will be happy!

The majority of people on this forum are people that have acne. Why go to an acne site when you don't have acne? Do you go to a foot fungus forum or a herpes forum in your free time? No, thats because you don't have to worry about that stuff. What I'm gettin at is that this thread is very misleading! Accutane is the most effective treatment for acne, period. There are side effects, just like any other drug, and some experience worse effects than others, but if you want to take accutane you just have to take the risks that go along with it. I myself could care less about nose bleeds, dry skin, depression,etc as long as my acne clears up I will be happy!

accutane was so worth it. there is no worse feeling than having acne having tried everything. people don't understand acne and just think you have bad hygiene, and you walk around knowing it's the first thing a person who looks at you will notice.

i am on my second course of accutane and it has saved my life, or way of life. it is the best feeling having had acne for the last 8 years and then finally being clear after having tried so many different changes in lifestyle, including: diet, routine, hygiene, sleep patterns, exercise etc etc.

Okay so let me get this straight, so because youre brother didnt have suicidal ideations and depression while on accutane, you dont think accutane can cause suicidal ideations in other people? I think thast what youre saying. Correct me if I missed your point

hi everyone

I was like everyone else taking accutane. I thought i would be clear within 6 months etc. 4 months into the course I got a corneal ulcer in both eyes and when they healed up my eyes got constantly dry all the time. I've been to doctors about so many different medical problems all because of accutane. It changed my thinking as well, sure I was depressed when I had acne before tane but now im depressed for a different reason. its like everything I do each day is a struggle it's hard to explain and no one really understands it unless they're going through it. anyways im a year post tane now and I still have severely dry eyes and i'm on prescription eye drops antibiotics and everything. i also have some pretty bad rosacea from tane. my face flares up and gets red randomly and from doing anything strenous. cant even sit in a room with heat on or it get super red, or even walking in the cold for 5 minutes it flares up, most embarrasing and uncomfortable thing ever. to top it all off my acne has also come back and my red marks have been here for a year +. I can hardly live anymore. I really suggest to everyone involved with accutane to read these forums http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/davec//index...Your_Experiance

it's actually even quite common for side effects to appear years later after tane which happened with my rosacea around 8 months post it started to happen constantly when i was on tane it would only happen rarely. some people will notice weird things 5 years later but they won't think of it being anything to do with accutane.

in the end I recommend to everyone thinking about going on accutane to make the choice not to. Even if 2% of the people on accutane or whatever get permanent side effects you will probably think it wont be you but if it is you will regret it for the rest of your life. anyways i've been reading these forums for along time just never really posted and the only reason im posting is to let people know the scary side effects you hear about really do happen and i'm just trying to warn people, anyways good luck ps. if you DO decide to go on accutane and you make that choice i HIGHLY suggest you go on a low dose preferabbly 20 mg i was on 80 and i think it was to high.

i agree...i think if anyone is considering accutane, I would consider a low dose...i think we are prescribed way to high of doses, im not sure why, but obviously the side effects are more serious and probable.

i was on low dosage (20mg-30mg) for only 2 months and still experiencing hair loss after 8 months. if my hair stops shedding then maybe i can consider accutane alright since it did take care of my acne but until then ill regret i ever knew the name.