Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

getting bored of my meow cosmetics. or maybe i got sent a bad batch, cause its not looking as good as i remember it looking. in any case, i'm on the hunt for new make-up.

everyday minerals was the first mineral makeup i ever tried, and that was a long time ago. i remember not being blown away by it, but i think ill give it another try. few questions, cultists:

what type do you recommend? original glo? intensive? matte? semi? i need coverage but i don't want anything to look too cakey. i dont mind applying more than one layer to get what i need.

also, is anyone using fair cool? it looks stark white on the page and although i'm pale, im not THAT pale.

ALSO! this is unrelated but i didnt want to make two topics in a row. im on the hunt for a new brush, too. the one i have now got all funky. what do you suggest?

thanks!

I use the intensive formula and it isn't cakey on me at all. That is the only one I have tried, so I can't give you opinions on the others.

I don't use cool, because I have yellow undertones, so I can't answer that question either!

I love my brush, its a kubaki from Joppa and is SO soft. i have a blush brush from EM which I don't like because its not soft at all. I've heard the EM kubaki is great though, which makes me wonder why they would make such a crappy blush brush but whatever.

Good luck!

I sampled Fair Cool, and it was too light on me, but it wasn't stark white. I gave it to a friend who is very pale and it matched her pretty well. I *think* she was wearing L'oreal's True Match C1 before, to give a point of reference, but C1 was a tad too dark for her still if I recall correctly. I'll chat with her soon and get her input on this so I can give you more definite input.

I use the intensive for coverage, and I really like it. It's not cakey. The key is to build the coverage slowly on well-moisturized skin. The only time my EDM went on cakey was when I was lazy and tried to slap on a bunch of minerals all at once after not letting the moisturizer really sink into my skin.

I love EDM's flat top brush, but they are sold out right now. I have their mini kabuki too, which is okay ... not great, though.

getting bored of my meow cosmetics. or maybe i got sent a bad batch, cause its not looking as good as i remember it looking. in any case, i'm on the hunt for new make-up.

everyday minerals was the first mineral makeup i ever tried, and that was a long time ago. i remember not being blown away by it, but i think ill give it another try. few questions, cultists:

what type do you recommend? original glo? intensive? matte? semi? i need coverage but i don't want anything to look too cakey. i dont mind applying more than one layer to get what i need.

also, is anyone using fair cool? it looks stark white on the page and although i'm pale, im not THAT pale.

ALSO! this is unrelated but i didnt want to make two topics in a row. im on the hunt for a new brush, too. the one i have now got all funky. what do you suggest?

thanks!

hola ;)

i use intensive - the coverage can't be beat and it does not look cakey on me whatsoever. it usually takes about 2 layers and i'm good.

i tried fair cool but it was too pink on me. it didnt look natural at all b.c of the stark difference in color between my face & my neck. so, i decided to switch to fairly light neutral mixed with a smidgen of beige neutral - it's a perfect match between neck and face ;) one thing i would recommend is to email EM a picture of you, no makeup, in natural lighting. they can assist in finding the perfect shade. i wouldn't rely on your PC screen too much - the shades tend to be very inaccurate compared to the actual shade.

what kind of brush are you seeking? a foundation brush? if so, i highly recommend a flat top brush - the coverage with this brush can't beat. i use this brush. i absolutely love it!

I use intensive & it gives great coverage without looking powdery (about 3 layers where I need it & a light sweep everywhere else). It's very natural looking.

I used to use Meow and gave up on it because I couldn't get the right color. I also felt it was kind of cakey & powdery looking. I used their heavy coverage Flawless Feline formula. EM's intensive is not quite that heavy, but you can get comparable coverage with light layering & get MUCH more natural results.

Make sure you order Multi-Tasking concealer, because i use this as my foundation and it works wonders. So if everything else fails, try this ;)