Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have Very Sensitive, but sometimes Oily Skin

Alright, every morning when I wake up, I have 1-2 new pimples (w/ whiteheads). My current regimen is as follows:

-Shave (electric razor) with Aloe Shaving Cream

-Rinse off cream and use the Baby Brush

-Get in shower and wash with Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser

-Then just pat dry and I'm done (my skin is dry,flakey)

My main concern is that I'm starting to break out around my upper neck. I think they're shaving bumps because its mostly bumps under my skin.

Anyone know why I'm still getting 1-2 new pimples every morning? Do I need a moisturizer?

Yea, just whenever I shave around the jawline it feels like im cutting off pimples with my razor and kinda hurts. then bumps form n stuff.

you're not using BP or any other treatment?

how long have you been using the type of shaving cream you use? it may have something in it thats making you breakout. i wish i could recommend a good product, but i'm a girl :) there might be something on the site here about it. seeing as dan is a dude.

a moisturizer couldn't hurt i don't suppose. does your skin feel dry after washing? don't let the fact that your skin is sometimes oily fool you into thinking that you don't need a moisturizer or that a moisturizer would make you more oily.

No i dont use BP because of people saying that it ruins there skin or whatever. I use Barbasol with Soothing Aloe shaving cream and its the only shaving cream ive used. And my skin doesnt FEEL dry but it looks flakey.

shaving with an electric razor doesn't renew the hair follicle process - it just tugs off some of the hair that is raised from your skin...