Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bornunderabadsign

Use fitness and bodybuilding to get your life back

I suffer from pretty bad scarring like most of you. I'm not here to debate who's scarring is worse and so fourth. I too continue to try ways to improve my skin. Besides the ways we all can try at a derm's office with the countless treatments, here are things I do to help improve my life. I got into weight lifting about 13 years ago, but over the past couple years Ive become a hardcore bodybuilder. Hours a day 6 days a week. I now live like a bodybuilder. Which is a very healthy life style. Its helped me quit smoking. NOBODY could be more dependent on nicotine as me. So no excuses about how you need it more then me. I smoked like a crack head. I would get the shakes when even thinking about life without smokes. A long story short I over came it. I quit. Dont complain about scars and treatments not working if you smoke. Smoking is a huge negative obviously. We need to do all the positive things in our power. Again, bodybuilding is what made it possable to quit, I could not have done this without it. Now listen. If you get into fitness you will need to change all your eating habits. Eating lean meats and so on and so fourth. Lots of protien, lots of amino acids, lots of vitamins. Bodybuilding is a supplement based lifestyle. All these supplements help your body function way better. Helps improve your body in super human ways that those who dont bodybuild could not imagine. Because of how hard I work and the beating I put my body through I take more vitamins and nutrients then you could believe. Now think about this. Instead of sitting around doing the poor me thing, which I totaly understand doing with scarring. I know its very very hard to deal with. Ive lived it. But I now realize its a cruel hand people and instead of doing the poor me thing I use all the negativity I feel and convert it into positivity. Now if somebody stares at my scars or whatever I can stare at them too because they are not half the person I am. I'm healthier, bigger, stronger then most people you'll run into. Now people stare at my muscles. And its not about muscles, thats the icing on the cake. Its about determination, dicapline, hard work, structure, health, goals, and overall just doing a past time that makes you have to stay positive and push yourself past what you believed you where capable of doing. This is not a quick fix. There are no quick fixes. You want your life back, get ready to work. This is not about doing it for 3 months or 6 months. Its a life time pursuit. within a few months people either get hooked on fitness for life or quit. People with scars are not quitters, bodybuilders are the furthest thing from quitters. We are fighters, we fight everyday. Go out and buy a fitness magazine and start reading. You'll improve your life. Its all about positivity people and nothing is more positive then a life style that revolves around fitness. Make it your top priority. And over time watch your life become better then you ever thought it would again. I feel more hope then ever. Through the hard hard work of bodybuilding I am earning the physical and mental strength to defeat the negative problems in my life. I dont believe in all that you can over come this by getting lots of treatments, therapy and so fourth. Those are only a part of the solution. The real task is gotta a be hard work. In life nothing comes easy, why should we think over coming some this hard will simply happen with words and doctors. Nope, you must prepare to work your way past this. And folks, for me it started in the weight rooms. Few things in life offer more rewards and positivity then a fitness based life style. Ask anybody who lives a life of such, they will tell you the same thing I am. You only see the physical rewards on people who bodybuild. But ask any of them and most will tell you they got into it to overcome lifes challenges. age or sex do not matter. I did not accept my life as it was, I wont accept my scars as a roadblock. I will wake up everyday and do all I can from that time til I go to sleep to fight back. At the very least I can go to sleep every night knowing I'm fighting with everything I got. you can too. Good luck.

Hey Delta. No its not. You can get good food for less then garbage food. Supplements are cheap and well worth. You cant put a price value on being happy and healthy. Delta, saying its an exspensive life style is a poor excuse. Bodybuilding is about saying goodbye to excuses and getting to work. With the money most people blow on garbage, use it to start helping your quality of living. I'll spend my last dollar on fitness personaly. I wont let anything get in the way of doing what is needed to help myself be the best I can be in my life. For example. Buy a bucket of whey protien. $25 bucks. You can get buckets with 100+ servings. 20 grams of protien a serving. Thats as much quality protien as a piece of chicken per serving. I eat lots of oatmeal in the morning as my brown carb source. Is oatmeal exspensive delta? I eat 2 whole cups of oatmeal per morning. Shgopright minute oatmeal. Huge bucket. Its dirt cheap and lasts weeks. I use protien powder as my morning source of protien. Cost about a few penny's per shake when you break it down. Again, dirt cheap my friend. I buy bulk red meat, chicken, lots of tuna fish. Again, dirt cheap. I buy vitamins, amino acid and so on and so fourth at bodybuilding supplement sites. Dirt cheap. Listen folks. I take lots of supplements. I take b complex, vitamin E, vitamin C, fish oil. You name it. Since I bodybuild I need more of it then most people. Those vitamins all help your skin. I take supplements that help everything from my nights sleep, to my heart to my brain. Everything helps your body function better. My body is a health machine. My skin improves all the time simply because I give it whats needed to fight back. Dont settle people, lets get to work. Lets sweat and yell and start working to be somebody. Its a hell of alot better then the alternative.

Guest delta force operators

how much hours do u work out a day?

do u find that it gets in the way or ur school, work, career?

does working out help ur skin?

do girls find u more attractive now that u have lean muscle?

whens the last time u got sick?

im interested in getting into a good regimen, i was following a navy seal work out guide a couple yrs ago and man did i grow a chest, in interested in getting back on that regimen, this time with proper sleep and diet.

Hey Delta. I work out alot, but thats just me. If you knew me you would know its part of my personality. Bodybuilding is part of who I am. I'm not who I am without it. I make it one of the top priority's in my life. I structure my whole whole life around it. I feel if its important to you its not a question of getting in the way of other interests, inatead you make time for all of them, making them all priority's. You worry about school when the time is called for dealing with school or carrer. The time you put aside in the gym is for building not only your body but you overall as a person. If I go to workout and I'm thinking to myself how I have bad skin and how shitty I feel then I will have a poor workout, its not even worth going. I leave my troubles at the door and get in there and work as hard as I can for the time I invest in working out. Its that positive attitude that you can develop and build along with your body. It does help my skin. All the vitamins required and supplements can only help. This is nothing but a 110% positive. Bodybuilding is no gimick. You I'm sure understand that from previous workouts. This is about work. Its about wanting a better life. Theres no miracle in bodybuilding for your skin. I believe in combination with the working out, healthy life style and positive feelings it gives me are all factors in why my skin is improving. I'm not saying dont go get treatments. I think treatments are positive and will help you feel better. Remember, all treatments mainly require a form of breaking down skin and it needing to heal. Bodybuilding will promise you the best results from any scar treatments. Ive had doctors tell me scars cant completly heal EVER. They where wrong. I no longer listen to anybody tell me anything. I prove them all wrong man. I stay positive at all times and I stay focused. Its my therapy you know. If a girl wants me they have to except me as I am. I will not adjust my life. I cant. And of course girls will find you more attractive. Girls who say they prefer non musculer men are full of it. Most importantly Delta, you'll probably end up feeling better about yourself which will change everything in the long run. Remember, this is not a quick fix or 6 month thing. Its a life time pursuit. You do it til you are no longer able, which for most people now and days is 40 years old. But you'll see bodybuilders active and healthy as far as up into there 80s and 90s. The years you lost from your scars you'll get back. You'll get em back by wanting, earning and fighting for them. Because your life counts as much as it should. Because you want more from yourself and life. I got sick about 3 years ago. right before I became a serious bodybuilder. Getting sick now wont happen. I'm just to on top of my body. I feel anything trying to come over me I knock it out before it ever gets going and I dont miss a day with the weights. Chosing a program you'll enjoy and stick with will be something you create over time and work. But the best way to get started is help ffrom other bodybuilders. Read the magazines man. I can give you lots of advice and help. Sleep and diet or as important as the workouts themselves with proper supplementing. You must do all correctly for the best results. pm me or whatever man, I'm glad to help in anyway I can. Know question is to much. So feel free to talk away.

Regards my friend.

how much hours do u work out a day?

do u find that it gets in the way or ur school, work, career?

does working out help ur skin?

do girls find u more attractive now that u have lean muscle?

whens the last time u got sick?

im interested in getting into a good regimen, i was following a navy seal work out guide a couple yrs ago and man did i grow a chest, in interested in getting back on that regimen, this time with proper sleep and diet.

tbh mate, i have moderate scarring, bb is not going well for me, maybe because i am too sporty and i burn away a lot of energy... i am also an ectomorpth

i dont know whether to be happy or worried about your interest in bb. it sounds like you are obsessed with it, like the anxiety over your face has been diverted into another thing.... i am thinking, if you could not bb anymore your life would fall apart.... i think you are what you are.. dont let one thing define you.

other then that i would of cours elike more mass but i am too lazy and busy to sort out my routine diet etc

Hey bornunderabadsign, it's great that you've found something you can be passionate about and get your mind off acne scarring.

I also work out, though it's far less intense than you do it. For me, its about staying heart healthy and having a nice, well proportioned body.

Guest markychv

bornunderabadsign has a very valid point. I have found that when I really get serious and start hitting the gym it really does make a difference. Not just in the way I look but in the way I FEEL. I am also an ectomorph and really need to eat alot and supplement alot to really see results but when I do man does it make a difference! I know of guys who have average faces (with and without acne scars) and the ones in really good shape are the ones that get all the attention! I wish I could take steriods like my 2 friends did (both ectomorphs also) and it really changed there body BIG TIME, however I am not willing to give up a nice body for more acne, hair loss and possible liver and /or heart complications down the line. The pressure to have perfect skin AND a great body is overwhelming here in Los Angels and the fact that I am gay doesnt help, EVERYTHING about being gay In LA is about looking ripped and perfect so it is very very hard sometimes, but I am not giving up, in fact I just hired a personal trainer to jump start me into getting bigger (drug free) and we are starting possibly in late Dec. Wish me luck! Oh and one more thing! What is your opinion on Creatine? I want to take it to help jump start my bulking but I hear its hard on the kidneys and that is the only genetic disease that runs in my family so I dont want to flirt with danger.

Mark

I find it interesting that you talk about garbage foods being bad, yet you're loading up on shitty protein supplements.

met rx whey protein is not a shitty protein supplement. This shit works.

Guest markychv

Then whats so shity about it?! if your not saying it doesnt work, then what IS your point? To start trouble? That wasnt a response to anyone in this thread, your not offering suggestions or even reasons WHY these protien supplements are shitty, all you are doing is offering NOTHING but to start trouble. Pathetic. Thats not what this board is about.

Mark

I find it interesting that you talk about garbage foods being bad, yet you're loading up on shitty protein supplements.

met rx whey protein is not a shitty protein supplement. This shit works.

Took the words out of my mouth marky

Drinking these whey shakes after workouts really made a difference to my muscle growth, I learned the importance of good suplements.

I dont go to the gym niether, just have the bare essentials. It keeps me occupied while I plan against acne scars.

I am not a body builder but I have used both weight training and martial arts to improve my physique and self image. Both are important when battling scars. I have also found that my gym buddies - both weight gyms and martial arts are usually down to earth and don't care that much about a persons scars, wealth, type of car they drive, pedigree, etc. They are there for the love of the sport and I have made some life long friends in the gym.

Also, both whey protein and egg white protein have the highest P.E.R. or protein efficiency ratios and are the best sources available. Soy which has been pushed quite a bit by the health food industry is one of the crappiest sources.

Whey protein is just egg protein. It's almost the same as eating eggs. I don't take Whey anymore, as the only protein supp that doesn't taste like chalk is Muscle Milk, but that stuff is loaded with calories. I buy All-Whites now, (100% pure egg whites), which is all protein, no sugar, no fat, no cholesterol. I also take the individually packaged Muscle Milk Light (20g protein, 160 calories) for after workout shake. They don't taste great, but are definitely downable.

Then whats so shity about it?! if your not saying it doesnt work, then what IS your point? To start trouble? That wasnt a response to anyone in this thread, your not offering suggestions or even reasons WHY these protien supplements are shitty, all you are doing is offering NOTHING but to start trouble. Pathetic. Thats not what this board is about.

Mark

bornunderabadsign good topic, working out is definately a great way to gain confidence and focus your mind. I work out also, not as often as you but am getting more involved as time goes on and i don't know if women notice bodies more than men but i definately think if there was the choice of a skinny pretty boy or a rough looking well built guy with scars most women choose the later.

markychv i studied sports science in high school and we discussed creatine and you will find many professional athletes use it, i remeber my teacher telling me the All Blacks entire team used it. Apparently you can get some dubious chinese creatine but if you stick to the good stuff eg German made there shouldn't be any problems at all.

Getting into weight training was probably one of the best things that I ever did for myself and it definitely improved my outlook on life in spite of the scars. I have also been told by women that they like a guy with a muscled up body. The physical health benefits are also enormous.

i don't know if women notice bodies more than men but i definately think if there was the choice of a skinny pretty boy or a rough looking well built guy with scars most women choose the later.

I absolutely LOVE bodybuilding. I just couldn't live without it untill I understood that it was the cause of my moderate-severe acne. Its not the sport itself. Its the supplements that you take. All

those eggs, milk and curd you have to eat. Its not good for your face. Its not good at all. However I am back, because I drink accutane and because Im not eating as a bodybuilder has to eat.

I'll try to answer some of your guys questions. Hey Mark, first off dont need steroids. Steroids are for pro bodybuilders looking to do this as a pro. If you are not planning on being a pro bodybuilder dont mess around with roids. Hard work and time pays off. I look at a pro body builders body and try to get that look in a smaller package. I still strive to make each muscle stand out and look like a bodybuilders musle should look. Creatine is a great supplement. I take it a month or two on and then a month or two off. Try creatine and arginine. Arginine is a natural amino acid just like creatine and allows more bllod flow, protien synthises and so fourth. It helps flood your muscles in a workout allowing for greater pumps. Its safe and healthy. Many reports now show creatine is a very healthy supplement. You will be healthier for using it. Its a natural amino acid found in the body. Bodybuilding uses up great amounts of your bodies nutrients, amino's and so fourth. You need to supplement with this stuff. You know how whey protien has amino acids in it. I personaly buy almost all my amino's in single pill form to get extra amounts. I make my own stacks. For example. Supplementing creatine, arginine, taurine, ecdysterone and zma. All are very safe and natural and promote muscle growth safely and effectively. I take lots of vitamins too. And I eat every hour and a half to two hours. I work to hard in the gym to short change myself in anyway. As far as whey protien being garbage, its not garbage at all. I get most of my protien from whole food sources. But whey is a fast effective source of protien for a bodybuilder. I use whey protien with basicly no fat, carbs or suger, making it a great protien source. I drink plenty of whey protien and you can take my word for it, I'm very very healthy. Superiorly healthy on every level. And I do not believe any of my supplements or foods I eat are bad for my skin, I believe just the opposite. I believe they improve my skin. Helping my body to function at its best. Helping promote healthyness on every level at its highest level. I am a firm believer in being positive and not thinking or allowing any negative thoughts like that to enter my mind. Hey Polka, your responce idicates a person full of excuses. Somebody who has never followed anything out til completion. Somebody who simply excepts things as they are. Bodybuilding is about change. About setting goals and then one day seeing them become a reality. You can call it obsessed, hell you can call it whatever you want. I'll think of you monday morn with chest and back when I might feel lazy and your post will help me get a few extra reps. All the folks here who like the idea of BB to help the quality of there life all know how effective it is. The bottom line is, I enjoy it. Its a total positive.

Guest delta force operators

can we see a pic of ur body to see how far u have progressed

a before and after would be phenominal

I think this is an excellent topic Bornunderabadsign! I've was lucky in that I grew up in a household where fitness was really important. I spent my young years skiing, hiking, ice skating, dancing, etc. I think it helped mold my body. Now, many years later, I get stopped regularly and asked how much I work out and what I do to keep in such great shape. I had a guy stop me in the parking lot last month and say, "My God, you could be a Bowflex model!" So, to your point, fitness becomes part of who you are and it pays dividends! It does help boost the confidence. Still, when I see women towing their kids around and 40 pounds overweight with poreless perfect skin, I STILL ENVY THEM.