Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geohazard

Theater Makeup for acne sufferers

Hi folks!

Some of you might know that I direct high school theater, and that I act myself. Stage makeup is notorious for breakouts, and I am looking for ideas to give the kids (and to use myself) for non-comatogenic (did I spell that right?) stuff.

Theater makeup functions a bit differently than regular makeup; more to break up the light that hits the actor, and bring out certain features of the face that tend to get washed out by hot lights.

Hi folks!

Some of you might know that I direct high school theater, and that I act myself. Stage makeup is notorious for breakouts, and I am looking for ideas to give the kids (and to use myself) for non-comatogenic (did I spell that right?) stuff.

Theater makeup functions a bit differently than regular makeup; more to break up the light that hits the actor, and bring out certain features of the face that tend to get washed out by hot lights.

The only thing I can think of is several, many, lots of layers of a primer prior to applying the makeup to make the makeup less liable to effect the skin. I'd choose a primer that has silicone in it. As I do not have or use any liquid primer, I do not have good suggestions.

I'm not a theater person at all ... but your question made me wonder, so I googled.

Does this help?

http://www.neostrata.com/store/coverblend.asp

For complete, natural looking coverage of tattoos, dark eye circles, blemishes and more, look no further than CoverBlend Concealing Treatment Cosmetics. CoverBlend products hide and correct ALL types of visible skin imperfections . . . everything from minor flaws to major discolorations. You�ll also get the benefit of Polyhydroxy acid, a patented anti-aging treatment, as well as broad spectrum sunscreen protection.

CoverBlend makeup products are:

Smudge proof and non-transferable - even without powder

Oil-free and Non-Comedogenic

Dermatologist-created and allergy tested

Suitable for even the most sensitive skins

LM, that link isn't working for me for some reason?

Does anybody know if Ben Nye has an ingredients list for any of the products? I was specifically interested in the Creme Neutralizing Crayons..