Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

what is the dumbest thing youve ever done to try and treat your acne?

Proactiv was rather dumb. As was washing my face with Irish Spring soap. Oh and I also didn't moisturize when I first started getting acne and my face was hella dry from antibiotics. I then proceeded to scrub at my flakes which only made it significantly worse.

Fuck I was a 'tard when I was young. :wall:

I guess picking at it was the worst. Like.. squeezing acne spots till they bled, and then squeezing still more. You know how the acne spot becomes sort of a larger/harder bump after you squeeze it sometimes? I would think that that meant there was more stuff inside the pore that I should squeeze out!

Actually, come to think of it, the worst time was when I had a cyst on my cheek. The big hard lump made me think that it was a big hard glob of hardened pus or whatever under there, so I decided I should cut the cyst open and just remove the glob. I figured a little cut on my face would heal better than a big acne spot. Now, this story is sounding good, but I gotta warn you, it's very anticlimactic. Basically, the knife kinda sucked, I didn't end up making a cut, and instead just squeezed the cyst a lot, as well as some other pimples on my face at the time. I treat my skin more gently now... :)

I guess picking at it was the worst. Like.. squeezing acne spots till they bled, and then squeezing still more. You know how the acne spot becomes sort of a larger/harder bump after you squeeze it sometimes? I would think that that meant there was more stuff inside the pore that I should squeeze out!

Actually, come to think of it, the worst time was when I had a cyst on my cheek. The big hard lump made me think that it was a big hard glob of hardened pus or whatever under there, so I decided I should cut the cyst open and just remove the glob. I figured a little cut on my face would heal better than a big acne spot. Now, this story is sounding good, but I gotta warn you, it's very anticlimactic. Basically, the knife kinda sucked, I didn't end up making a cut, and instead just squeezed the cyst a lot, as well as some other pimples on my face at the time. I treat my skin more gently now... :)

Ive done that before but not with a knife. Ive used my fingers or a pair of tweezers. Ive actually done this recently...

There was a big puss filled spot on my chin a couple of years ago and it looked so easy to get rid of by just popping it. unfortunately i couldn't, so i did the very stupid thing of cutting it with a razorblade, so then not only did it not go away i had a nice scab on it as well sheeeeeeesh!!!

There was a big puss filled spot on my chin a couple of years ago and it looked so easy to get rid of by just popping it. unfortunately i couldn't, so i did the very stupid thing of cutting it with a razorblade, so then not only did it not go away i had a nice scab on it as well sheeeeeeesh!!!

Thats what I did a few months ago when I popped a pimple when it wasnt ready. I got so upset that I shaved my chin. It didnt bleed but it did leave a scar and then the other day is when I got upset again and shaved my nose, this time putting three knicks one above the other on the tip of my nose

A couple of days ago I noticed a couple of small spots on my cheek, and decided that it would be a good idea to layer them with Benzoyl Peroxide, Differin and Nicam... twenty-hour hours a day, three days straight. Needless to say, my skin did not appreciate it, and now the skin is dry, sore, discoloured and peeling.

Lots of dumb things... but these take the cake:

1. Applied neat savlon antiseptic in liberal proportions to my chest and neck. Result: Chemical burns!

2. Applied vodka mixed with neat ti-tree oil (!!) to a large series of cysts. Result: Redness, inflammation, scars that i still have today!

Lots of dumb things... but these take the cake:

1. Applied neat savlon antiseptic in liberal proportions to my chest and neck. Result: Chemical burns!

2. Applied vodka mixed with neat ti-tree oil (!!) to a large series of cysts. Result: Redness, inflammation, scars that i still have today!

hahaha! I love laughing at our own stupidity, well when we realize its stupid afterwards

lol u shaved your nose? LOL

LOL

LOL

u tried to shave your blackheads? wt the hell?

hahaahahahah!

the stupidest thing I durd was probably... using food for face masks. lame idea.

Yes sometimes I like hurting myself. It makes me stop thinking about the pain Im feeling on this inside and I start thinking about the pain on the outside.

It wasn't stupid and probably works for a lot of people but I regret listening to this so much because it resulted in my worst breakouts ever and scarring. I wish I could go back in time and warn myself to not try this. The zits i got were so big when I tried this and the icepick scars they left...so bad :\

1.Rinse your face with warm water, and gently massage your face. When doing this you should not be aggravating the surface skin, but applying pressure to a certain spot on you skin and working the tissue bellow the skin.

2.Apply the Salicylic Acid over your entire face, and leave it for about 1-2 minuets (if you feel any discomfort rinse off right away)

3.Now we're going to use the Benzoyl Peroxide

4.Get an ice cube ready, and rub it over your entire face

5.Apply the Benzoyl Peroxide and continue to go over your face with the ice cube for 3-5 minutes re-applying more Benzoyl Peroxide if necessary.

6.Rinse the excess Benzoyl Peroxide

7.Moisturize with oil-free moisturizer or Aloe Vera

1. Using a Proactiv product after nearly fully recovering from a previous breakout. That crap made me breakout HUGE, and I still haven't recovered from that one.

2. I had a [what would appear to be a cyst, but it didn't look large enough] red bump on my cheek, and stupidly tried to pop it when it was obviously pre-mature. Needless to say, I actually succeeded, but it literally tore and for a split second you could just see this black hole before blood and pus began rushing out. Left a big mark that didn't go away for about six months.

1. Using a Proactiv product after nearly fully recovering from a previous breakout. That crap made me breakout HUGE, and I still haven't recovered from that one.

2. I had a [what would appear to be a cyst, but it didn't look large enough] red bump on my cheek, and stupidly tried to pop it when it was obviously pre-mature. Needless to say, I actually succeeded, but it literally tore and for a split second you could just see this black hole before blood and pus began rushing out. Left a big mark that didn't go away for about six months.

Awww about the first thing you said. That sucks. I hope you recover soon :comfort:

The second thing you said, Ive done that many times too. In fact, I have this one pimple along my jawline. It was a small pustule and I pushed it so hard, I turned it into a cyst. It formed a scab a couple of days ago and I didnt peel the scab off. I thought, okay this pimple will finally go away. It didnt. It went back to a huge red bump :(

only thing is to regret is putting things on face of hoping it will cure my acne.

a stupidity of a thought.

BP.;

I hate bp too! It shows wrinkles on the skin afterwards, making me look older

The thing I most regret? I had a large red spot come up on my cheekbone, was very painful, very red, and it drove me mad. So, I picked it (before I found out that picking was the worst thing you could do), squeezed it until it was pouring with blood, then left it. The head came back, so a few hours later I repeated. It kept happening, I was young and stupid, so I picked it every few hours for around 4 or 5 days :redface: Needless to say, 2 years later the same spot is still there, still lumps underneath the surface, still scabs on top, still painful, and if it's knocked then pus will pour out of it.

BP was also awful for me - no matter how little I put on, I turned as red as a lobster after a couple of days of applying it. My skin went dry as a bone and started peeling away, not good.

The thing I most regret? I had a large red spot come up on my cheekbone, was very painful, very red, and it drove me mad. So, I picked it (before I found out that picking was the worst thing you could do), squeezed it until it was pouring with blood, then left it. The head came back, so a few hours later I repeated. It kept happening, I was young and stupid, so I picked it every few hours for around 4 or 5 days :redface: Needless to say, 2 years later the same spot is still there, still lumps underneath the surface, still scabs on top, still painful, and if it's knocked then pus will pour out of it.

BP was also awful for me - no matter how little I put on, I turned as red as a lobster after a couple of days of applying it. My skin went dry as a bone and started peeling away, not good.

That sounds like an aweful experience! No one should have to go through that :comfort:

Dan's Regimen. Dried my skin out so badly and made it so red and itchy, it looked like I had chronic eczema. All those chemicals can't be good for you. Nuff said :(

haha there is indeed some stupid people on here. i love it

mine has gota be going at it with a needle.

i had a big cyst on the side of my face with such a defined lump in it i was SURE it had to come out. so i squeezed, with ano avail.

so out came the needle. i had a poke about and nothing.

now the stupid bit.

i got damn angry, DAMN ANGRY, and so i kept squeezing and poking. i was sure it had to come out some how and so i dug deeper. i pushed that neelde so hard.....it ended up poking into my tongue :S

that right i literally pierced my cheek.

safe to say the bloody spot just sat there laughing for at least a week after.