Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

what is the dumbest thing youve ever done to try and treat your acne?

What is the dumbest thing youve ever done to try and treat your acne? I thought Id create this as a topic for us to discuss since Im having insomnia. I just did something incredibly stupid. I am so furious about my clogged pores all over my nose and the stupid blackheads that I took a shaver and shaved my nose and in the process, I knicked myself in two places. Now I have to wear a bandaid on my nose :(

Wait.... you shaved your nose!? Is that possible!? I hope you feel better. :comfort: It's okay, we all have our moments of desperation.

I think the dumbest thing I did for my acne was nuke my chin/mouth breakout with BP for about 3 days straight. Then my skin literally started peeling off in sheets and it looked like I had oral herpes or something. Not one of my smarter moments heh...

Wait.... you shaved your nose!? Is that possible!? I hope you feel better. :comfort: It's okay, we all have our moments of desperation.

I think the dumbest thing I did for my acne was nuke my chin/mouth breakout with BP for about 3 days straight. Then my skin literally started peeling off in sheets and it looked like I had oral herpes or something. Not one of my smarter moments heh...

Yeah I tried to shave my nose but it didnt do anything but make me bleed

Owww how much bp did you put on your nose and how often? I can just imagine how much that hurt :( :comfort: you back

One of my girlfriends was trying to squeeze a pimple right under her nose, but she couldn't really get to it. So she looked around for something to use and she found a button. She put the button on the side next to the nostril. When she went to squeeze the zit, her hand slipped and she pushed the button into her nostril. She tried to get it out but she pushed it in further. She had to go to the emergency room to have it removed. She was totally embarrased because her parent's didn't have a car and they called an ambulance, so the whole neighborhood found out. Then the doctor that fished the button out at the ER was a really handsome young guy. To top it off, her parents were furious because they had to spend so much money. I'm not sure about her, but *I* never picked another pimple near my nose again.

One of my girlfriends was trying to squeeze a pimple right under her nose, but she couldn't really get to it. So she looked around for something to use and she found a button. She put the button on the side next to the nostril. When she went to squeeze the zit, her hand slipped and she pushed the button into her nostril. She tried to get it out but she pushed it in further. She had to go to the emergency room to have it removed. She was totally embarrased because her parent's didn't have a car and they called an ambulance, so the whole neighborhood found out. Then the doctor that fished the button out at the ER was a really handsome young guy. To top it off, her parents were furious because they had to spend so much money. I'm not sure about her, but *I* never picked another pimple near my nose again.

:shock: That must have been humiliating, not to mention uncomfortable

Owww how much bp did you put on your nose and how often? I can just imagine how much that hurt :( :comfort: you back

I basically never let my breakout area go BP-free for more than a few minutes. I'd put like, half a pea sized blob on each spot. Needless to say, my skin did not appreciate it.

I basically never let my breakout area go BP-free for more than a few minutes. I'd put like, half a pea sized blob on each spot. Needless to say, my skin did not appreciate it.

Eek, do you still use bp? My face didnt like bp at all

I went to Sweden for a year, mostly for the experience, but also I was hoping my acne would go away. The stupid thing was I never saw a dermatologist before I left, which it would have been nice to have been using some kind of medication while I was away and then come back with positive results. However, I went over there and actually did have a positive reaction, my face cleared very well. I returned and thought my face would stay clear, but within a month I once again was getting an increasing amount of breakouts. My face is yet again red, blotchy, and rough looking. I wish I sought professional assistance before I moved away for so long.

The only thing I can really assume is that the environment in Sweden was better for me. Right now I am living in a hot dusty desert. Maybe it would be better if I moved to the east coast where there's colder weather.

I put hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and toothpaste all over my zits...... all at the same time. O_O

i used bp on one side of my face where i had two cysts while on Accutane. it got really bad.......

I guess the dumbest thing I did was use proactive obsessivly until my skin was so irritated i had to go on antibiotics. I also put straight tea tree oilon it and it would make them break open and bleed and scab. disgusting.

I used SA for 2 times per week for about I think 2 to 3 weeks, and started summer school--didn't want dry peeling skin, so I took some Rave Mouse (which smells sooo good, like strawberry or something) and I put it ALL over my cheeks for about... a week after (while I was still using the SA)..lol

needless to say, my skin still hasn't been the same since (~3 to 4 years now...)

When i started scrubbing my face :(

I went from mild to moderate acne.. my mother adviced me to use it.. i wish i never started to use it i'm quite sure its one of the things that caused my acne to be as bad as it was then and have to recover from right now with DKR :(

is it wrong that I am laughing at this? :)

I don't know if you would call this the dumbest, but probably really off-the-wall... I had read somewhere that putting pepto bismol on your face helped and I did it... and amazingly it did seem to help because it dried like a mask. BUT my face returned back to normal and so much for that. I've tried the toothpaste thing too when I was in middle school and all it did was give me minty fresh pimples. I suppose the dumbest thing that I've done thinking I was helping myself is to keep picking and picking.

-Dunk my head in a pool of vinegar and then drink the vinegar afterward (only a sip). It worked a little bit but I wouldnt recommend it. You smell like vinegar when you start sweating lol

-Go on a non-dairy and sugar diet. Gawd I missed eating ice cream, and cereal in the morning!

-Taking antibiotics for years. Wat a waste of time~

I guess the dumbest thing I did was use proactive obsessivly until my skin was so irritated i had to go on antibiotics. I also put straight tea tree oilon it and it would make them break open and bleed and scab. disgusting.

Maybe I just have really tough skin but.... I put straight TTO, undilute, all over my face (I used it as a toner lol).... and this was while on accutane!

is it wrong that I am laughing at this? :)

:lol: we both must be wrong then. lol (sounds like something that would happen to me, or George from Seinfeld)

The dumbest thing I ever did was when I first started to get acne.

I put rubbing alcohol on my face,I would soak cotton in it then put it on my face and when it would dry up,I would do it again and again.....................the result a HUGE RED scab the took FOREVER to drop off,but then afterwards left me with a red mark on the side of my mouth,it's the size of a freaking quarter and it's there to stay,oh,I wish I knew then that alcohol is not your friend :(

The dumbest thing I ever did was when I first started to get acne.

I put rubbing alcohol on my face,I would soak cotton in it then put it on my face and when it would dry up,I would do it again and again.....................the result a HUGE RED scab the took FOREVER to drop off,but then afterwards left me with a red mark on the side of my mouth,it's the size of a freaking quarter and it's there to stay,oh,I wish I knew then that alcohol is not your friend :(

omg that sucks

i made a mixture of baking soda and petroleum jelly and slathered it all over my face and left it overnight. my face was huge red and puffy the next day. it looked like i was having a severe allergic reaction.

i made a mixture of baking soda and petroleum jelly and slathered it all over my face and left it overnight. my face was huge red and puffy the next day. it looked like i was having a severe allergic reaction.

Owwie :(