Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jl791

What are these red marks? (have pictures)

I have several red marks on my face, and i don't know how to classify them. They're smooth, so they don't seem to be scars. They're not irritating either, just repulsive to look at. Does anyone know what they are? If so, how do i get rid of them?

If it helps, I've started taking Accutane about 3 weeks ago.

post-64371-1192329900_thumb.jpg

post-64371-1192329908_thumb.jpg

post-64371-1192329900_thumb.jpg

post-64371-1192329908_thumb.jpg

they go away on their own.. since u started accutane itll take a lil longer, since accutane slows down the healing process.. expect a few months

Although Accutane can slow the healing process, you're also turning over alot of skin cells which is awesome for the tonal quality of your skin. If the PIH was present before taking Accutane then you'll likely notice quite rapid improvement. However, if the PIH is a result of the acne which was eradicated by the Accutane, perhaps you'll be waiting a typical amount of time. Or longer once you're off the Accutane and still healing a little slowly.

The only time, in my opinion, that Accutane is detrimental to one's skin in terms of scarring is when it causes a huge initial breakout.

It's actually better to heal slowly, rapid repair of skin cells is more likely to cause an abnormal structure, which manifests as a scar.

Yeah I dont this guy needs accutane. If you want to try something similar that encourages skin renewal ask for a retionoid or something of that nature from your doctor/derm. Accutane could further break you out and scar you, it doesnt look like you need it.

My money is on post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, a type of tonal dis-colouration left by inflammatory acne. Very treatable.

I got similar red marks on my cheeks too, im thinking about getting a chemical peel... Will that help any?

My derm told me that they fade with time... and he made it seem like it'll take a long time for that to happen..