Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I kinda feel like people expect me to at least try to cover my bumps, marks, & scars. It's really not a welcomed imposition.

I'd prefer to not be thought of as someone who doesn't take care of themselves just because I didn't want to make my skin worse by gobbing heavy makeup on it.

I often think I'd be happier if I felt people didn't focus on the way I look more than they take my abilities and intelligence into account.

I'm also fairly sure the grass is always greener on the other side. ;)

While guys might think how cool it would be to be able to cover a pimple, or cyst.. Imagine what a nightmare that can become when ppl come to sort of expect it from you. I have awful memories of crying over crusty oozing cysts. Clotting them up with a styptic pen just so I could get the makeup to stay on my skin. (sorry to get so graphic) :X

I would be so unsocial without foundation. I dislike my uneven skin and scars. I see people without acne and with perfect tone and they wear foundation and im like :0 If I had skin like that I wouldn't even touch the stuff

I never leave the house without make-up, the only time i did was when i had to go and see a dermatologist and it was absoloutly mortifying.

I even hate staying at my boyfriends house because i have to set my alarm before its time for him to get up so i can run in the bathroom and just put some foundation on the red scars. And i hate it when we leave the house together (he walks to work and i walk home) because its daylight and not only do i look super poo from jsut waking up, but cause he will see the bumps n scars in the day light and i just feel sick and horrible esp as he tries to look me in the eye and i just look away and rush off wihtout a kiss or saying bye properly cause i feel discusted and he shouldnt have a gf as discusting as me. Sadly makeup cant hide the dents and lumps but at least he doesnt see the horrible redness :(

I hate to admit this but i'm a guy and I often use concealer (its my mums honestly) on spots which I think are really noticable. The bad thing is i've run out of it :shock: I put a bit too much on once when I was in high school and this guy gave me some real shit for it, that's why I hate using it.

I hate to admit this but i'm a guy and I often use concealer (its my mums honestly) on spots which I think are really noticable. The bad thing is i've run out of it :shock: I put a bit too much on once when I was in high school and this guy gave me some real shit for it, that's why I hate using it.

I feel the same way. I'm a guy and i wear concealer and yesterday at work these guys were giving me hell..i just stormed away with so much hate in me that i could of killed someone. I'm sure they wounderd why i got so angry but they would never understand, its a very sensitive subject for me, and i'm sure alot of others. i wish i could just get up and go, but unfourtently

for me, right now that just isnt an option.

i hate it, its bullshit, its my life.

I feel the same way. I'm a guy and i wear concealer and yesterday at work these guys were giving me hell..i just stormed away with so much hate in me that i could of killed someone. I'm sure they wounderd why i got so angry but they would never understand, its a very sensitive subject for me, and i'm sure alot of others. i wish i could just get up and go, but unfourtently

for me, right now that just isnt an option.

i hate it, its bullshit, its my life.

Hmm...no one has ever commented on my concealer or make up use, except for this one time my friend asked if I had concealer on this huge pimple on my nose, but he didn't say it in a negative way, so it's cool.

Yeh, I don't leave the house without makeup on.

I hate when I go swimming and have to wash my makeup off before I go into the pool. I feel so ugly. :(

I have a love/hate relationship with makeup. It makes me look and feel great, but at the same time I am very dependent on it to feel 'normal' when I am out and about in public. Sometimes even with makeup I am self conscious of how I look. I really shouldn't care what other people think of my skin (especially since it's not like I caused it to be this way), and yet I still do. It's a little paralyzing.

I just wanted to say how gorgeous you look in your avatar pic...I'm not sure if that's your natural blush or if you're wearing some, bc it looks so natural, but either way. Makeup or not, you look absolutely beautiful :catdance:

i second that!

looks like liv tyler