Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hatemyface123

Minocycline Hyperpigmentation- how to treat it?

Posted

Hello all,

In addition to my hypopigmented spots, I've learned that the darkness on my chin and upper lip area are the result of a minocycline induced hyperpigmentation.

No doctor has really offered me any solution to this problem other than "it might go away over the next couple of years"

I am desperate to lighten the black/brown pigmentation and was wondering if any of you might have suffered from minocycline induced hyperpigmentation and if you have any successful ways of treating it.

Thanks so much.

Posted
Hello all,

In addition to my hypopigmented spots, I've learned that the darkness on my chin and upper lip area are the result of a minocycline induced hyperpigmentation.

No doctor has really offered me any solution to this problem other than "it might go away over the next couple of years"

I am desperate to lighten the black/brown pigmentation and was wondering if any of you might have suffered from minocycline induced hyperpigmentation and if you have any successful ways of treating it.

Thanks so much.

http://doi.wiley.com/10.1002/(SICI)1096-91...M7%3E3.0.CO;2-R

Posted

Thanks so much for the laser information. I am having the hardest time finding someone that performs these type of laser treatments. I have spent hundreds of dollars going to just about every dermatologist in my area and none of them seem knowledgable about scar/pigmentation treatments.

How can I find someone that will be able to treat the hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation in particular? I can't believe some of the responses I get...just yetserday I went to see a new derm who said "have you been in the sun...too much sun could do that you know"...leave your skin alone and see what happens over time.

I found this ridiculous. Please let me know if any of you have seen a good physician for acne scar/pigmentation treatment in the new england area!