Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, few quick questions on Aspirin Mask.

1)What brand should I buy? Any? I don't seem to have much choice here at my country. Does panadol count? A picture would be great.

2)Should I use it in the day or night?

3)Do I use BP gel after that? If not, what should I apply to my face after the mask?

Hey guys, few quick questions on Aspirin Mask.

1)What brand should I buy? Any? I don't seem to have much choice here at my country. Does panadol count? A picture would be great.

Answer: Any brand is fine; for ease of crushing, buy a brand that is not enteric coated. The enteric coating makes it harder to crush the aspirin.

Answer: That's up to you and whichever is more convenient for you.

3)Do I use BP gel after that? If not, what should I apply to my face after the mask?

Answer: The aspirin mask is just like a salicylic acid exfoliating scrub. If you're not overly sensitive, it would be okay to use BP after the mask. If you're not using BP, a gentle sensitive skin, non-comedogenic moisturizer would be fine.

Ill copy wynne's format for answering lol :P

as wynne said, buy the uncoated ones, known as soluble aspirin. They are the best type to buy.

i would use it at night, mixed with some aloe vera (apirin is good for acne and redmarks, and so is aloe, a 2in1 there :) ). i say use at night as it makes you look like a ghost. Plus you cant go out with it as you'll look silly. Though if your not doing anything during th day, you can use it then :)

well this is debatable, since BP doesnt work well with salicylic acid, and aspirin is acetyl salicylic acid, it works for some people and sometimes not for others. Trail and error in my opinion

good luck :)

Thanks for the input.

OK. So any brand of Aspirin is fine, as long as its soluble.

What is a non-comedogenic moisturizer? Any recommendations of products?

Let me also emphasize that my answers apply to only an exfoliating mask of crushed aspirin without other additives, that's washed off after 30 minutes or so. The crunchy bits of the aspirin help with exfoliation as does the salicylic acid itself.

There is a section somewhere (don't remember where) that has moisturizer recommendations. I myself like Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15. Very gentle, very soothing, no breakouts.

Let me also emphasize that my answers apply to only an exfoliating mask of crushed aspirin without other additives, that's washed off after 30 minutes or so.

apirin is chemically called acetyl salicylic acid, a slightly different compound to salicylic acid.

technically workining in the same wasy with slighly less irritation, its a BHA which penetrates the skin and clearing pores.

Just a few more questions:

1) How is the paste suppose to look like after adding water? My paste seems to be kinda dry.

2) How long do I leave it on my skin?

3) Do I have to wash my face before applying the mask, or do I just apply it on my super oily skin right away?

Thanks.

you can add honey...

this works the best at keeping it on.

it can be sticky.

make sure all the hair is out of your face..

or use aloe vera

crush aspirin and wait for it dissolve with sprinkled water on it..

and then add honey.. aloe vera.. yogurt..

you can add whatever ingredient just as long as its good for YOUR SKIN

. i suggest honey.. it makes your face very smooth.

Ok thanks for the info, but that doesn't really answer my questions...

Is adding honey suppose to make the paste "runny"?

Yea I've read that already. I'm just wondering about it because some of you guys says to leave it on for 30mins while RiceBunny says 10mins.

And she didn't state whether to apply the mask before or after you cleanse your face.

Put the mask on after cleansing your face, you can use a toner after the mask if necessary. Experiment with duration of the mask, I can leave mine on 20-30 minutes. Good luck!

Should I make an aspirin mask before or after using Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser? Put it on, leave it on for about ten minutes, wash it off, wait for my skin to dry and then use Aqua Glycolic, or use the AG first, wait till my skin's dry, and then use the aspirin mask?