Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dis

are face scrubs bad for red marks?

Posted

I've been using Neutrogena anti-stress face scrub at least once a day.

It has sal acid, glycolic acid, microbeads and it smells great. I started clearing up right after I started using it.

I'm stuck now with redmarks. Does using a face scrub like that prolongue redmarks?

Posted

I think the microbeads are okay. Its the ones like they use in St Ives Apricot Scrub you want to avoid. As long as it isnt putting scratches on your face, I think itd be okay for you to keep using the Neutrogena :)

Posted
I think the microbeads are okay. Its the ones like they use in St Ives Apricot Scrub you want to avoid. As long as it isnt putting scratches on your face, I think itd be okay for you to keep using the Neutrogena :)

Posted

I have a tube of St. Ives which I might use when I'm done with this tube of Neutrogena.

Oddly enough, the skin on my cheeks (where most my acne was and red marks are) is not very sensitive.

To get red of it, I used SA + BP, and even that wasn't very drying when I put a bit of moisturizer on once a day.

Posted

I have a tube of St. Ives which I might use when I'm done with this tube of Neutrogena.

Oddly enough, the skin on my cheeks (where most my acne was and red marks are) is not very sensitive.

To get red of it, I used SA + BP, and even that wasn't very drying when I put a bit of moisturizer on once a day.

Posted
OK OK, if you feel so strongly...into the cupboard it goes.

Posted

Please don't fall trick to that so easily. There are many, many products that members on this message board suggest (or do not suggest) based on their experience with the product. Remember, what doesn't work for them might work famously for you, as well as vice versa.

I'd say give it a try, and if it doesn't help your condition, then pitch it. :)

Posted

Omg please dont use that St Ives stuff! Almost every acne.org member who has used that stuff has had problems with it. It put scratches on my face and I believe to this day that is the reason I have blackheads all over my nose

Posted

Omg please dont use that St Ives stuff! Almost every acne.org member who has used that stuff has had problems with it. It put scratches on my face and I believe to this day that is the reason I have blackheads all over my nose

Posted

Posted

hmm..

I used st. ives apricot scrub to exfoliate my skin for a bit now, and I haven't noticed any irratation or problems. Though that probably is because i have really un-sensitive skin (i dont know if that makes sense :P)

I also noticed it was rated 4/5 on the ratings page. So I don't think it can be considered a "bad" product if its rated that good lol :P

but I dunno, I definately have heard people saying that it is way too irratating for acne prone skin, but It works perfectly for me.