Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simi

Chemical Peels at Kaiser?

I got a lot of red marks on my cheeks, and since I got insurance with Kaiser should I get a chemical peel done with them? Will they peel remove them right away and what % TCA should I make the peel be? Has anyone else ever had it done with kaiser?

It will depend on if you can get a referral to a dermatologist or not, and if that derm has an esthetician who does chemical peels. Light peels are far safer. It is highly likely that the procedure would be deemed cosmetic and you'd get no coverage at all for it unless you could somehow (not likely) convince the derm to give the peel an ICD-9 code for a covered procedure under your insurance. Derms don't do that often as it is fraud.

It will depend on if you can get a referral to a dermatologist or not, and if that derm has an esthetician who does chemical peels. Light peels are far safer. It is highly likely that the procedure would be deemed cosmetic and you'd get no coverage at all for it unless you could somehow (not likely) convince the derm to give the peel an ICD-9 code for a covered procedure under your insurance. Derms don't do that often as it is fraud.

So I should schedule an appointment with my dermatologist about getting a light peel done? You seem to also have insurance with kaiser, do you know how much the light peel would cost me?

so is it recommended that I get a chemical or a light peel because I have had this red marks for almost 2 years now and there not fading away. Its just 99% red marks though, what do you guys say?

When I started getting lots of acne, I had tons of red marks. I went to a derm and got a chemical peel every other week for about a year (completly covered by insurance, didn;t even have to pay copay :))

It help a lot with red marks. They would literally melt of my face.

I stopped going and my acne and red marks came back, and now I'm going again and see results with each peel.

But I'm luvky I get it done for free, otherwise really expernsive

wow your lucky, did you have insurance with kaiser? Im thinking about getting a AHA or a TCA peel pretty soon. I want to make sure I got like 5 days to recover though...