Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
will205

scars-do they go!

I have this scar 1cm long x 0.5mm wide x 1/2-1mm deep on my lower cheek upper lip area. Looks a bit like a trench but it is cut and clefted on the side which makes it look worse. I saw a plastic surgeon once and they said it wouldn't go. That was a year ago. I have had it for over 5 years now. Each year i have noticed that it has looked better than the preceding year.

Has anyone had a deep scar that has healed pretty well. I reckon it should heal to a degree over time, all scars do, even the ones from lacerations and deep surgery heal and go white.

Well i can always hope. They say time heals all wounds!

Well I have this horizontal (got high sticked while playing hockey) scar right under my right eye brow, its been there for almost 8 years and its the same as its always has been.

i used to have a scar on my leg, from shaving, and it was HUGE. i had peeled off an entire layer of skin that was like 3 inches long and a 1/2 inch wide. i didnt touch it too much...i think after having it for a year, i started putting a little bit of cocoa butter and then i stopped after a week..its been 3 years, and it has no abnormal coloring and can only be noticed in the sun, whereas it looks shiny or glossier than the rest of my skin. there is hope!

btw i'm new =)

I posted this when i was new here.. :roll: . I used to have a bit of hope but this site and others have made me more realistic and knowledgeable. Scars don't go not on my face anyway.

Will - I am sure that you will find your solution some day. So much is happening in the field of scar revision at the moment - you'll see - one day you will be posting your success story here, and I will be the first to scream and shout and tell you how great you look. :D