Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I'm new. Brief history: I'm 33 didn't start breaking out until I was in my mid-20s with that lovely excruciatingly painful cystic acne that has left a few scars. Not many blackheads, but the cysts are killers. I've been using benzaclyn for 6 years now, have been on Differin (useless), Duac (useless), Retin-A (some progress), Taz cream (eh, thought Retin-A was better, but I really didn't use it consistently). Now I'm on the Taz gel, benzyclin and cephlexin (I'm allergic to all of the other antibiotics). I'm also on the mini-pill, but I can't go on Yasmin.

ANYWAY. I've been using the taz gel an night, benz in the morning, cetaphil moisturizer at night. I wash with La Roche Posay and use their moisturizer/sunscreen in the morning.

It's been almost 2 weeks. After a week of molting, my skin has begun to...glow? :drool: Aside from the burning, itching, and redness, and feeling as though I have 3rd degree sunburn, the acne is just about gone. One night I did have a cyst starting but by the next morning it was actually 70% GONE.

Now, I'm not complaining, believe me! I just am wondering...did everyone start out this way and is the IB just lurking, waiting to come? :think:

Some people will experiance the IB, and some may not. Its down to whether you have acne waiting to come through (which acne meds develop causing teh IB) or just had existing acne already on the skin and the Taz has been treating that.

personally, taz and BP may be a bit too much, but if it works :) then go for it :)

also cephalexin is a great antiobiotic, it cleared me in days and i stayed clear with great skin a week after finishing teh 10day course for a kidney problem. But in the UK, its only allowed to be prescribed short term and no more than 4 courses a year :S bit of a bummer.

hows your condition at the moment?

hope all goes well with the taz/benz/ceph :)

thanks for posting :)

well, so far so good. I had to cut back to applying the tazorac to every other night - my skin was as red as a lobster. but clear. since I've cut back I now have 2 cysts, but they are no where near as bad as they used to be and they seem to be clearing up much faster!

my nose is still peeling/molting. i feel like a snake!!

Some people will experiance the IB, and some may not. Its down to whether you have acne waiting to come through (which acne meds develop causing teh IB) or just had existing acne already on the skin and the Taz has been treating that.

personally, taz and BP may be a bit too much, but if it works :) then go for it :)

also cephalexin is a great antiobiotic, it cleared me in days and i stayed clear with great skin a week after finishing teh 10day course for a kidney problem. But in the UK, its only allowed to be prescribed short term and no more than 4 courses a year :S bit of a bummer.

hows your condition at the moment?

hope all goes well with the taz/benz/ceph :)