Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
James25

Moisturizer

I've been on the regimen for one week now using the on-the-spot bp cream. I'm not red or dry from it and I don't feel my skin needs a moisturizer. When I did use it earlier in the week, my skin looked really oily the whole day because of it. My question is if you don't have dry skin or anything, is moisturizing necessary? I currently have moderate acne on cheeks and mouth area.

I didn't need it at first but once I started getting to the full amount of BP to use, my face felt better with the moisturizer. You sort of just have to judge. Most will suggest you moisturize just to avoid any future problems that could come up.

If you don't use a moisturizer, your skin could get dry. Healthy skin heals faster. Also, your skin will begin to produce more oil on its own which could clog pores. Just find a nice moisturizer that doesn't leave your face shiny like dans or purpose.

If your skin is moisturised (retaining water) it is healthy :)

healthy skin is always good. If your skin isnt dry when using onthespot, then your skin is hydrated enough to be healthy.

Only when you get visible dryness is when you need to use a moisturiser. What was the moisturiser you used that made you look oily? as it was probably a moisturiser that contained wax or oil.

I only used moisturizer at the beginning of the regiment. Once I got used to full dose BP, believe it or not, after I applied it on my face, BP calmed my face down. Now I dont use moisturizer and my face doest feel dry at all. Everyone has diff type of skin. Conservatively saying, use moisturizer but choose a gel like form. But if you know you dont need one, then dont add one. If you can find one good moisturizing tonner, that can sub for moisturizer. Good luck!

i think i am in the same boat i am currently on the regime 1 month in and i have not moisturized at all, the only time i think i maybe should moisturize is when i put on a baking soda mask (~ once a week) seems to be working well without the moisturizer though once i finish the first tube i'll reevaluate, but still not sure acne is still prevelant

Also, my forehead seems to be breaking out ALOT more since when i started could this be because of my shower head (which gives out alot of water pressure), if so should i switch to baths, it seems like i am doing everything else right adn still getting that acne :S, i do drink lots of dairy but i heard it just affects breakouts on the jayline....