Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopeful_yet

sooo, I kinda like this guy

(I hope this is the right section---if it isn't... i'm sorry)

so, I kinda like this guy, but I don't know how to do anything but talk to him. I never had a problem being friends with guys, in fact I was a tomboy growing up. But theres just something about relationships that makes me take the whole "guys are supposed to make the first move" thing to heart...

We talk every day that he comes in (we work together)...and while I know that interoffice relationships aren't always such a good idea, but my office is different...lol I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

But I kinda think that he likes me, but other than the little jokes or what-not we have....

I've never gotten to this part actually, with a guy....all the guys who I've ever liked have never like me back, and the guys who have liked me, I never liked....so this, (if it proves to be true)...with a guy liking me who I actually like too...is very very new....

anyone have any suggestions? I'm almost giving up because I'm just confused and would rather not embarrass myself....:-/..... :think:

thanks!

First of all, as a guy, when a girl asks me out, it's a huge turn on.

I know telling you to just talk to him and tell that you like him would be cliche, and maybe even embarassing if he doesn't return the feelings.

If you don't have his cell phone number, get it. Texting or calling him on the phone would be a lot easier way to communicate if your having a difficult time. Also, (even though this sounds a bit immature) talking through friends is always effective and has the added bonus that they can talk good about you. :)

Go with whatever you are most comfortable with.

Good luck and keep me posted!

Oh and when I see that a girl is flirting or talking to me with a lot of confidence it is also a turn on, but maybe that's just me :shifty:

That's rough, I'm the giving up type :lol: I like a guy I don't even know, all

I know his name, no idea what to do next...............so I'm no help :(

Bait him, see what he does. Keep touching his hand or his shoulders.. Ask him lots of questions.. smile when you get close to him, stay near him as much as possible.

You will know your answer after a couple of days or so.

First of all, as a guy, when a girl asks me out, it's a huge turn on.

I know telling you to just talk to him and tell that you like him would be cliche, and maybe even embarassing if he doesn't return the feelings.

If you don't have his cell phone number, get it. Texting or calling him on the phone would be a lot easier way to communicate if your having a difficult time. Also, (even though this sounds a bit immature) talking through friends is always effective and has the added bonus that they can talk good about you. :)

Go with whatever you are most comfortable with.

Good luck and keep me posted!

Oh and when I see that a girl is flirting or talking to me with a lot of confidence it is also a turn on, but maybe that's just me :shifty:

Bait him, see what he does. Keep touching his hand or his shoulders.. Ask him lots of questions.. smile when you get close to him, stay near him as much as possible.

you should talk to him though.... say something... ANYTHING!!!!! :)

make you a deal---you keep me posted, and i'll keep you posted :)

Deal :D

I think he likes me, but there's nothing to say to him, he's just a guy in my class.

You at least work with this dude and talk a lot, so just go for it, totally do it :dance:

I'm the type of girl that goes for it. Well not "it"...not intially. ;)

But really, I can't stand the limbo stage, where you both dance around a possible relationship. I have to know. If the guy is a bit shy, I'll just make it perfectly clear that I like him, and want to know how he feels.

Of course, I have become close with this one guy, and after 8 weeks, I find out he is gay. Which is so crappy, because he is soooo wonderful. Ah well, he is a good friend.

Good luck!

lol :) .. just finished up one response :-p...

bait him?... ummmm .... exactly what or how or.. ummm.. rather.. can you define that for me?..lol

And I kinda sorta do those things already... and like, when we ARE like, next to each other or whatever, like.. the car door was kinda jammed so he reached across to open it, one arm in front of my one arm in back (I was trying to get out..lol)...and I started laughing because I'm SOOOOOO not used to others doing stuff for me.. and when I started laughing, I kinda leaned on him...:/ :think:....:/

and then yesterday...he was doing something on my laptop and didn't want me to give up my chair...so his arms were extended out since he was next to me, and when I went to correct something on the keyboard, I kinda... put my hand underneath to do it... (while he was making all these kinda of jokes since I was helping him with something)... and kinda brushed up against him, but...idk... he's got that "nice guy" thing instilled in him...:-p...lol

and ummm from my estimations, this has been going on for about...5 or 6 weeks :-p

Guest delta force operators

personally relationships should flow into place

there should be no stress on either side or pressure on either side

i like to think of the movie pearl harbor where that guy josh harnett nails that girl "naturally" sorta like "it just happened"

thats the way it should be.

personally relationships should flow into place

there should be no stress on either side or pressure on either side

i like to think of the movie pearl harbor where that guy josh harnett nails that girl "naturally" sorta like "it just happened"

thats the way it should be.

I'm the type of girl that goes for it. Well not "it"...not intially. ;)

But really, I can't stand the limbo stage, where you both dance around a possible relationship. I have to know. If the guy is a bit shy, I'll just make it perfectly clear that I like him, and want to know how he feels.

Of course, I have become close with this one guy, and after 8 weeks, I find out he is gay. Which is so crappy, because he is soooo wonderful. Ah well, he is a good friend.

Good luck!

It sounds to me that you both are very interested but neither one of you is sure how to make the first move. You are doing very well, gently showing your interest and being nice and considerate to him.

What I would do is this: practice what you want to say when you call him one evening. Ask him if he wants to go for a coffee one day when you're both off work; make it at least five or so days in advance of the time you're interested in going out so he can make plans to go if he has to. Say something like, "Hey I just thought of something. Do you like coffee (insert whatever the short quick sweet date concept might be)? If the answer is Yes, say, "Want to go out next Wednesday for a cup of coffee and maybe a pastry or something? I'd like to hang out with you outside of work for a change!" If the answer is No to liking coffee, ask what types of drinks or foods he likes the most; then if you've never tried it, say that sounds like fun, want to go out next whenever? etc. If you have tried it, say, Oh, me, too, so why don't we go out next Wednesday or whenever and enjoy it together!"

It takes practice to do it, so practice. When you call, take some nice deep breaths before you call and talk to him. Talk about the day at work, whatever is relaxing for you both to talk about before you spring the date concept on him. Give your racing heart and perhaps shaky fingers some time to relax before you ask him.

It's better to ask someone out outside of work, when you're both NOT at work. It gives you a buffer before you have to see them again, no matter how the answer is. If the answer is No, you both can try to act like nothing happened and it should be ok. If the answer is Yes, keep it from your coworkers! And just enjoy each other's company.

So, I was hanging out with some people from work last night, and ....... well essentially, ...he doesn't like me in that way. He's just a really good guy :sigh:... this always happens to me....:(

So, I was hanging out with some people from work last night, and ....... well essentially, ...he doesn't like me in that way. He's just a really good guy :sigh:... this always happens to me....:(

First of all I'm a guy and here are a few pointers for future reference. NEVER make yourself too available to guys that you like, don't be around him all the time, pretty much don't act like you're in love with him (HUGE TURNOFF if you're not in a relationship).

A few things that will make a guy make a move if he likes you are saying things like "I can't believe you're not taken" and "I bet you'd make the best boyfriend", if a guy doesn't ask you out after you say something like that, he doesnt like you or he's amazingly shy (and you don't want a guy like that anyways).

What, he called you all those cutesy names? He HAS to like you, or he's

just insane.

Yah, she is right you know...!

If I didn't like a girl in that way, then I would never call her cute names like that...

What, he called you all those cutesy names? He HAS to like you, or he's

just insane.

Yah, she is right you know...!

If I didn't like a girl in that way, then I would never call her cute names like that...

welll... (yea I changed the sub-header line...)...

yep.. I finally got my answer on this...and I was partially right I think.

Kinda funny / long story about how I found out, but maybe it'll shed some light, because there are still a few things I'm wondering about... :/

So...we were all at a bar, and naturally the guys were all drunk and all, and since it doesn't take much for me....:cough cough:--(lightweight)...lol...I had only taken a few sips of my drink, and was pretty much getting into the happy mood that they were all in....(I wasn't ~drunk~ per se.. as I knew what I was doing, but I was kinda just messing with them at any rate...lol

anyways, one of the guys comes up behind me to give me a hug and is like.. You know something...I like you....and I'm just like.. I like you too...:)..but not in that way... and he was just kinda confused and was like.. oh yea,... who do you like then?... and I point to the guy and I say I like him!....

so essentially, to make a long long story somewhat short.... he told the guy since he didn't hear me, and said that he liked me too... (didn't get it...) and after some going back-and-forth, I was like... nooooo i LIKE you like you.... [{And yes... I did this ALL while looking him straight in the eye--talk about bold, I guess the alcohol just *impairs* my ability to be embarrassed about anything...}]....but at any rate, he was just like... "you know something.. I LOVE you...but like a sister"....and all I could manage to say was "I know... :)"...

And then we had a somewhat long convo about this and that...and I essentially told him a fair warning that just because I knew that he thought of me like a sister, didn't stop me from liking him still, and wouldn't stop me for awhile....

but my question, kinda thing...is that he also tells me that i'm cute and hot and calls me sweetie and stuff like that.... now I don't know how the spanish families do it, but in MY family, my brothers don't even THINK about me in that way... thats just a little strange and all.

but what I just don't get, is the fact that we both admitted to each other that we were attracted to one another....and he's stopping it essentially. He essentially told me that he wasn't the kind of guy that I should be going out with because of x, y z....but maybe in a year... {!!!?#$#%#!!!!}--which is where my total shock & awe comes in.....I just didn't think about it at that time to ask him about what he meant --waiting for this coming friday so I won't be AS embarrassed...lol )

but essentially, he told me that if we were to go out, that he was about 100% sure that he'd end up cheating on me and stuff....

(sorry, I know I'm jumping around with this, but I've got class in 9 minutes...lol... gotta finish this up...)...

but all in all, I just don't know what to do. I don't know what I want anymore, but I do still like him, and he's SOOO sweet!... I just don't see exactly how he could "think of me as a sister" but yet be "objective" & "open-minded" to still say that I'm hot and such,... (and oh yea, he said that I was cuter than the bartender...who he was flirting with the whole night...lol)...

anyhow,... class beckons.... any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!!:)