Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Diane Ed the the best thing i have ever used in terms of getting rid of acne. I've been on Diane 8 months and my face has cleared up so well. I'm so proud of Diane Ed. My doctor said that she always see's the best results from her patients when she perscribes Diane. I recommend it fully if you are female.

I useto spend a half hour on my makeup every morning. Now it takes me less than 60 seconds. I don't have to cover up much.....and i don't use that much at all to cover up marks. And my face is clearing up every day. Soon I will have nothing. Not even a sign that i even had acne.

As for Derms.......they do nothing but prolonge your acne. That's what's happened to me everytime i went to one. The only person who really helped was my local doctor. And they are less expensive that the Derms. I spent $200....not including the medicine when i when to a derm (for only 15 minutes). But when i went to my local doctor it was only $30.

"As for Derms.......they do nothing but prolonge your acne. That's what's happened to me everytime i went to one. The only person who really helped was my local doctor. And they are less expensive that the Derms. I spent $200...."

AMEN =D>

Why they don't admit that they only knows about skin cancer? i mean they don't know how to treat hairloss, acne, psoriasis....

is Diane Ed a birth control pill? how bad was your acne before and have you ever used Accutane? i have tried ortho-tricyclen before for acne but i ended up gaining 15lbs in just 3 months and that was with dieting and exercising every day!

It is a birth control pill. Birth control pills do make you gain weight. But Diane Ed is not like your normal birth control pill. It has a little bit different effect than other birth control pills. The weight that you gain with Diane Ed is water. It make you retain water. But when you go off it you lose it all.

As for Accutane...i was perscribed it by a Derm to go along side Differin and after hearing that your acne will get worst as you take it. And that it will take 6 months for you to see anthing. As well as the fact that they said "You will have alot of red marks"......i decided to only take Differin. A week of that and i stopped.......then when to my local dotor for Diane. And it's worked so well. I feel free again biggrin.gif/

HI, I'we just started taking Diane, I've been on it for about 3 weeks. I wonder how long it took before you saw any result? I know it maybe will take a couple of months, but I hope that it will start working in 2-3 months? And as for the weight...I really don't want to gain anything, but I thought this was my last option for being acne-free. I've used tetracyklin and it helped me alot, but now it doesn't seem to help anymore. but I don't think I could ever get accutane because my acne isn't so bad, just persistant. (I've only had it for 1,5 year or so) Back to the weightgain...I haven't gained anything yet..do you think I am "saved"...I mean if I would gain weight wouldn't I have noticed it by now? Have you gained anything? Not all girls do? I heard that Yasmine is another bcp that can help acne and also you don't gain any weight. but I asked my doctor about this and she said that the Diane was the "Rolls Royce" when it comes to curing acne!! but I really think it sucks if I will have to choose between acne or being "fat"....

One positive thing is that I have gotten bigger breasts by using it, but my acne is still there, though my skin has gotten less oily..

I haven't really gained any weight being on it. But i did notice that i would get really hungry when i knew i really wasn't. So be very wary about this. Don't eat anything at times that you wouldn't normally eat.

And yes your skin starts to get less oily early on in the stages of Diane. As well as getting less oily hair. I useto have to wash my hair every other day because of the oiliness. Now it's every three days. It's now really managible.

I noticed a real difference in my face at 6 months onwards. I'm in my 8th month and my face is looking the greatest. Which means less coverup.....i've waited so long to be able to not have to put alot of cover up on. And now i don't mind looking in the mirror at myself. I'm seeing improvment after improvement from Diane everday.

And as for your Doctor saying that it's the "Rolls Royce" of clearing acne.....he/she is not wrong at all. It's the quickest thing i've evertaken....... smile.gif

Can you get Diane here in the states? My Dr. has never mentioned this BCP to me. I am on Ortho tricyclin now and I think it does diddly. I've been on this BCP for a very long time too.

Sorry... But how did you manage to get your derm. to prescribe Diane Ed to you? Did you request for it? What did you tell your derm. such that he or she prescribed it to you?

dawn0001...i'm wasn't sure when reading your post if you were talking to me. If you were i didn't go to a Derm to perscribe it. I went to my local doctor and she perscribed to me as the best Acne medication.

sickofthis...I'm not sure what it's called in the states..i think it's called the same thing..though i'm not sure. here's a website for you if you want to look at it.. www.diane35.com

it's all personal! Diane or Estelle (chemically identical) have never made much of a difference for me and I have been on them (on and off) for the last 7 years.

I have been on diane 35 for about 4 months now and my skin is getting really clear... I am also taking b-5 with the daine and it is working great I am just a little concerned about my health... I have had no side effects except for being more emoitonal but I am thinking of stopping b-5 I was just taking it until the daine started working.... I think I am mainly depressed because it seems like I will never have clear skin unless I am taking sum kind of pill! I mean christ can't I just have clear skin without taking anything ](*,)!!! ahhh

I know that Diane 35 works for acne and helps protect against pregnancy, but awhile back I watched the Canadian program "The 5th Estate", which warned that it is not as effective a birth control pill as others. I forget the actual % of failure. I talked it over with my family doctor, who thought the show had overdone the actual problem, but I thought I'd tell you nonetheless.

hey ok I have a question I am not sure about... I don't expect anyone to know the answer unless ur a doctor, but u could tell me what u think anyways say you were taking daine 35 for acne caused by a hormonal imbalance, but you find out you do not have a hormonal imbalance would being on daine 35 cause your hormones to change so you have a hormonal imbalance after taking them? if you did not have 1 before?.... sorry if I confuse u with my strange question lol

To answer your question nofx_gurl_420...no it will not do anything bad to you if you are taking Diane and your acne is not caused by hormonal balances. The easiest way to tell if your acne is hormonal is if you have acne mainly on the cheeks. It won't cause your hormones to change either so don't worry too much.

I'm not a doctor but i've done quite a bit of research on Diane and that's how i know. As for all the bad side effects that they say about Diane (they have to say the worst about it so they don't get sued by people saying things happened to them and they didn't know about it). It's done wonders for me and i haven't had any problems with it.

yea I am pretty sure my acne is caused by a hormonal imbalance.... I ONLY have acne on my cheeks and jawline but it is going away now....hopefully my hormones will level out when I am older? I am only 17 and had acne since I was 12. I do not want to have acne when I am like 30 but knowing my luck I probably will sad.gif sorry 4 u older ppl with acne I know it must be really annoying!

I have a really question about using birth control to treat acne. If the dermotologists or regular doctor perscribes birth control for acne do they do any other type of examination on you. (Hopefully most females know what I'm talking about.) I'm just curious about it. I'm going to the derm tomorrow and I really didn't want to ask him that. I was just wondering if i could get the pill to help treat my acne, that's all I really need it for. I'm 17, and I really don't plan on needing actual birth control for a long while, unless it will help my face.

I don't think you can get Diane from your Derm. They only perscribe really hard drugs for your skin. The kind that has more side effects.

Superchick1, no you will not go through any other girly type check up if you want to go on the pill. Diane is used for the purpose of helping your skin. It's not really like the real birth control pill. The real birth control pills can actually cause acne to some people. Diane isn't a hard on birth control pill so don't worry about that. Your safe.....and if they have to do any of those girly checkups...be wary because i never did that. I just went to my local doctor and just said....."I'd like a perscription for Diane"....and i got it smile.gif ....

Yup, it was my derm that prescribe the BCP for me. Its sth you'd get if antibiotics are not working, and before they put you on accutane. I got off Dianette cause firstly, it didnt do anything to my skin. Secondly, I have depression cause of it. So, my psychiatrist told me to stop taking that immediately. So, becareful girls.

Don't be afraid of having a pap, its really no that bad. Most women don't need to have them until they are sexually active (even if they are taking the pill) or if they have a family history of cervical cancer . It may be uncomfortable for you, but doctors have given so many of them it doesn't phase them. The first time I had one my doctor told me he does about 8 a day. I have friends who have been having sex for sometime and still refuse to have an examination. The thing is, if they have a problem and they let it go, they could get into some real trouble. Usually, people with cervical cancer don't present symptoms until it is too late.

i just got prescribed diane35 as well too.....i only have large cysts on my cheeks and a few comedone on my forhead....but my cheeks are the worst...so i guess this must be hormonal? the only thing is she put me on accutane as well, and i'm really scared....i haven't started taking either, but i should be on the diane 35 by next week...is there any initial break out with diane? how do you know for sure that your acne is hormonal? when do you start to see diane work? i really don't want to go on the accutane, but my doctor thinks i should

hey gurls u should read this http://www.onlineallergycenter.com/hormoneallergies/

WendyTwendy- did your depression go away after you stopped taking it? I think these pills are making me kinda depressed.... but my skin is clear and I don't want to stop! grr I dunno what 2 do my mom thinks I should stop 2 but I am grading this year and I want to look good 4 grad! anyways I am not sure about that website.... it kinda upset me