Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XxGhoulxX

Why do fat people seem to be acne-free???

For the past few days I have been observing other teens in my town, and it seems to me that most overweight kids seem to be acne free! (or they have 1 or 2 zits)

It also seems to me that white kids in general have more acne than mexican or black people.

Is it just us skinny white boys that get acne, or does my town just have some weird people???

I rather look at a moderately fat person with perfect skin then a skinny person w/ whiteheads infesting their faces. There is a cure for being overweight exercise and diet but there is no cure for acne!

Yeah cuz actually a few years ago I was fat and had severe acne and now I'm just skinny and mild acne so I dunno... maybe your town is weird hehe. But I have noticed that it seems white people do get it a little bit more often, though I have seen many mexicanos with acne in my town.

No I'd definetly rather have acne. First of all, if you're fat u have to battle it your whole life, especially if you get fat when you're young, whereas with acne it goes away eventually and people with acne have the nicest skin when they get old. Not as many wrinkles

It might go down to digestion.

People with acne sometimes hear that they have a lot of heat inside and this causes skin problems (the fire coming out).

People who are fat may have such awful digestion that they don't even know they are full or anywhere near full, so they keep eating. This bad, almost non-existant digestion might mean this person is "cold" inside. So, no fire coming through the skin.

Skin

My brothers are all skinny with metabolisms the speed of sound and they have acne. So it's not that people are overweight. It could be a blend of genetics (both my parents had acne), diet, activity, hygiene, the skincare products being used and just plain luck. And please, stop with the 'fat' thing, some people are overweight and some are underweight. Give me a freakin' break! I admit, I am a little overweight but if being the size of a toothpick is what you call attractive then I'd rather stay where I am. I am in no way saying that a thin person is unattractive but a bigger person isn't any less attractive.

As for whomever said that when people with acne get older their skin is nicer, I would disagree. you must not have severe acne where cysts occur and create potmarks and craters in your skin. My ex has that type of acne and his skin will never be smooth. He looks older than he is.

By the way, Karl, I like your answer. "I'd rather be fat, black and have acne"

i know some "overweight" ppl with terrible acne

i also think it's harder to notice acne on tanned/darkskined ppl, but it's there

i usually see guys with worse acne then girls, but it's been confirmed that men typically have worse acne then women

Girls get it less than guys because testosterone is linked to be the main cause of acne in guys. Some girls have testosterone to a certain extent which makes them break out too, that's why there are certain birth control pills which block testosterone production. Also, white people 'tend' to get more because supposedly, our current diet(s) is/are filled with carbohydrates and too much starch which our body sometimes can't handle too well. Some people don't tolerate lactose (in dairy) and makes them break out. Same goes for spices. By the way I do know of overweight people with acne, I'd say an equal ratio to that of thinner people.