Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CitizenPanda

Oh my goodness.. Tazorac

I've been on Tazorac for about 5 days now... and it's absolutely shocking at whats its doing! For the first day or two, it didn't affect me at all (I thought I was getting oilier to be honest, as the cream itself is smooth and oiliesh), but now... my face literally burns after I put it on at night (especially since its getting colder), and in the morning, my skin is peeling literally EVERYWHERE.

I put on Neutrogena Regenerist to moisturize it in the morning, but my skin will no longer take my Cetaphil moisturer (putting it on feels like fire).

But get this... the scarring on the right side of my cheek has noticeably improved! (This is 5 days and counting) Where there used to be many little scars has really smoothed out. My whole complexion seems better as well, despite the peeling skin.

Well you can tell I'm pretty excited to see where this goes in weeks and months, (and eventually on to smoothbeam and fraxel/TCA).

I've been on Tazorac for about 5 days now... and it's absolutely shocking at whats its doing! For the first day or two, it didn't affect me at all (I thought I was getting oilier to be honest, as the cream itself is smooth and oiliesh), but now... my face literally burns after I put it on at night (especially since its getting colder), and in the morning, my skin is peeling literally EVERYWHERE.

I put on Neutrogena Regenerist to moisturize it in the morning, but my skin will no longer take my Cetaphil moisturer (putting it on feels like fire).

But get this... the scarring on the right side of my cheek has noticeably improved! (This is 5 days and counting) Where there used to be many little scars has really smoothed out. My whole complexion seems better as well, despite the peeling skin.

Well you can tell I'm pretty excited to see where this goes in weeks and months, (and eventually on to smoothbeam and fraxel/TCA).

Guest delta force operators

dont do the tca

do the tazorac

then do the smoothbeam

then do the fraxel

tazorac, makes my face extremely itchy, i can't handle it two nights in a row, so i do it once every 2-3 nights. the stuff makes my face REALLY ITCHy, not burning yet, like i wanna dig my nails into my face cuz its so itchy and scratch it all off!!

yes use it sparingly, it is pretty strong even in small amounts and definately dont use it every night atleast not at first. I remember the firsst time i used it i smeared it on all over my face and the next few days were hell my skin was all red and pealing it sucked. Now i just use it for scarring every once in a while.

do you apply a moisturizer first before you put on the tazorac. that would probably help and is the way the manufacturer recommends applying it.

Yeah, this is what Mederma did to my face. It was very itchy and flaky... and since I have to wear makeup to work everyday it just makes my face look worse than it would with just the scars.

are you sure it isnt just irritation and inflmation caused by the tazorac and not actual improvement? I've gotten my skin irritated before and the irritation swells my skin making my scars fill in but it everntually fades when you get back to your normal state...

are you sure it isnt just irritation and inflmation caused by the tazorac and not actual improvement? I've gotten my skin irritated before and the irritation swells my skin making my scars fill in but it everntually fades when you get back to your normal state...

Yes, Tazorac is definitely working. One of my small ice pick scars (looks like a sharp depression/huge sharp pore) is now raised almost completely.

Guest markychv

Any Updates Citizen Panda? Progress??

Forgot to ask, are you using the cream or gel Tazorac???

Any Updates Citizen Panda? Progress??
Guest markychv

My Goodness Citizen Panda! Your using all those things?? Its a wonder you have any skin left, I would think the Tazorac Gel would be more than enough to exfoliate are resurface, but then again I have VERY sensitive skin. Have you ever used the cream version of Tazorac? My derm is very adamant about me using the cream, she says its better than the gel, havent used it yet, but I would think the gel would be less greasy and more potent, maybe I am wrong.

Mark

I would like to know the same: cream or gel?

and.. what percentage are you using?

0.1% gel.

Btw, it's been about 1 month since on Tazorac. I see some definite improvements. Besides Tazorac, I'm also using Aqua Glycolic cleanser, Meladerm, and a derma-roller. Some Vita-C serum and just got a microderm kit as well a few days ago.

I have very oily skin. My derm suggested the 0.5% cream. I tried talking her into giving me the gel, but she insisted on the cream. I find the cream very greasy and uncomfortable to wear on my face. Been using it for a month now and no peeling..nothing. I will continue to use it since it cost me over $100. Hopefully next prescription she'll give ne the 1% gel.

My Goodness Citizen Panda! Your using all those things?? Its a wonder you have any skin left, I would think the Tazorac Gel would be more than enough to exfoliate are resurface, but then again I have VERY sensitive skin. Have you ever used the cream version of Tazorac? My derm is very adamant about me using the cream, she says its better than the gel, havent used it yet, but I would think the gel would be less greasy and more potent, maybe I am wrong.

Mark

0.1% gel.

Btw, it's been about 1 month since on Tazorac. I see some definite improvements. Besides Tazorac, I'm also using Aqua Glycolic cleanser, Meladerm, and a derma-roller. Some Vita-C serum and just got a microderm kit as well a few days ago.

Mark

0.1% gel.

Where can you get Tazorac? Do you have to get it from a dermatologist? Also, what is a dermaroller (I know that sounds dumb)..I've seen it on this site a few times.

I get a lot of hormonal acne on my chin (whitehead and ocassional cysts), it's very oily and I was breaking out and scaring horribly. My doctor recommended Tazorac 0.05% cream. I'm only a week into it , but I have noticed a big difference - purging removed a lot of my whiteheads, scars are fading slowly and less oil. If anyone has too much peeling of the skin, I would take a break and skip a day. I know my skin can't handle the after effects of tazorac like redness, burning and peeling. So I use it every other day as the side effects are still there but more controlable - I have to go to work, see friends and the last thing I need is my face peeling infront of everyone. I was told only to use Tazorac @ night and during the day use an oil-free, SPF 15 or higher moisturizer.

So far I see good results...hope it continues :)