Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tornado_chaser

Acne = Genetics

Pretty much nobody has completely genetic acne. You might have a genetic predisposition towards acne if the conditions are right. It is probably caused by something, but I also understand that it can be incredibly difficult to identify the causative factors. It might not even be something in your diet, but it could be something you are doing to your skin, or possibly some other factor.

I have only been a member of this forum for a few months, so I won't argue against how easy it would be to discredit my argument. After reading numerous posts in this specific forum, through my personal acne history, and observations in my life, I have come to the same conclusion that many others have (most of this is a restatement of people's findings and have stated it in this forum - so they deserve the credit).

Acne is a result of a sub-par liver. It's not your diet, hormones, or impaired bowels directly. Though they influence the result by extremely stressing your sub-par liver.

Before you hit the "reply" button to argue, here is why:

Some important liver responsibilities:

- filter the blood to remove large toxins (from the environment and within the body - including bowels)

- synthesize and secrete bile full of cholesterol and other fat-soluble toxins (gallstones impair this process)

- enzymatically disassemble unwanted chemicals.

- regulate blood sugar

- regulate hormone levels

How to aid your liver in doing its job: (less work/stress on your sub-par liver)

- Proper diet (inclusive of everyone's thoughts and diet regimens on this forum)

- exercise (we already know this)

- relieve stress (we already know this)

Why is it a sub-par liver then?

It's not directly your diet because:

1. Children don't have acne. This is a critical point to my argument.

2. Old people usually don't have acne. Hormone levels have subsided by this point.

3. There are many people who have terrible eating habits and don't have acne

It's not directly your hormones because:

1. Not everyone has acne while going through puberty

Acne occurs with a person that has a sub-par liver because of:

a.) Increased hormones

b.) Increased stress

c.) Improper diet and toxins that stress liver function

d.) any combination of the above

Simple Examples:

- A person with a terrible diet starts puberty. The liver cannot handle the diet and the increase in hormones. The result is acne.

- A person with a terrible diet has exited puberty and the hormone levels have subsided. Acne goes away if liver is able to handle terrible diet and new hormone level. (personal experience).

- A person with a terrible diet has an increase in stress. Again, the liver cannot handle this and the result is acne. (personal experience) This happened to me recently. I am now almost clear because of diet changes and stress relieving.

I grew up with 2 brothers, who are within a year of my age. We ate the same type of food and similar amounts. Lived in the same environment. Lived the same lifestyle (exercise, sleeping patterns, entertainment, etc). I had acne during puberty, they didn't. My genetics gave me a liver that is sub-par.

Well how can a liver be sub-par?

Easy. This is just as similiar as people who have impaired hearing, have near-sightedness, soft teeth, etc. Your DNA is to blame, its instructions were to create your liver. Your DNA is unique, as is your liver.

Someone with a terrible diet who has perfect skin most likely has an excellent liver. Someone who has severe acne and maintains a liver-friendly diet, most likely has a poor liver. But, that person with a poor liver may have 20/20 vision and the person with an excellent liver may be near-sighted.

What can be done to bring your liver up to par?

Well, you can't change your liver, unless you figure out how to modify DNA. What you can do is help your liver. Most people in this forum are helping their liver through diet, by eating a diet that allows the liver to spend more time removing toxins, regulating blood sugar, and removing hormones. Also, supplements can also work in tandem with the liver by lowering blood sugar, removing waste faster, etc....(fiber sounds like a winner there).

Also, eliminating gallstones could improve your liver function, though I haven't tried a liver flush yet. I am going to try a liver flush later this year, because I have a sub-par liver and I believe that by removing any potential gallstones that I may have, I will be improving my liver function.

References:

- This forum!

- Personal experiences and observations

- http://www.doctormurray.com/articles/silybin.htm (some liver responsibility info)

hmmm my liver is healthy, i never drank, never took medication before my acne started. And i suffered severe acne for many years and everytime they took my blood, they say i'm 100% healthy (never had any medical issues EVER beside acne, i'm also NEVER sick). I do believe that liver plays a role though.

Pretty much nobody has completely genetic acne. You might have a genetic predisposition towards acne if the conditions are right. It is probably caused by something, but I also understand that it can be incredibly difficult to identify the causative factors. It might not even be something in your diet, but it could be something you are doing to your skin, or possibly some other factor.

All I know is I've tried everything I know apart from accutane that has worked for other people and nothing has really worked for me. I'm running out of explanations and genetics is fast becoming the only one left.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

wow this is soo what im thinking, just that the way u tell it sounds so well thought n organized n just makes much more sense than if id try to describe it xD

thats whyy its time to use powah of necrobumpzzz! :-

bcz its duh genetics blamed for, its just random, uneventful happening, shit happened, we r screwed, call it whatever, but its not our fault

fe for constantly being stuck into pc screen n doing plenty of other eye torturing activities i have riddiculously good sight somehow? other ppl would be having glasses long ago. bcz genetics. and everything else is mostly controlled by dna too imo.

fe there was this kid, who was already 16 yrs old, but still baby who just doesnt grow up n they give her hormone therapy and everything but nothing happened, she once would get turmor but after some weeks of deep sleep its gone like its nothing n nobody can explain anything. bcz her dna just works that way?

also we all probz know many other crazy weird ppl, like tree man fe, y is he like that? well not bcz he had trees for parents fo sho but bcz some shit happened in his dna before he born or something like that, n now he has such dna for life.

n the same is with us, we get this poor liver from genetics shit (or kidneys too maybe?) and depending on severity of this prob we have to have less or more troublesome diets to make it more like normal ppl liver so it can deal with shit better so we dont get acne out of it.

all this dam suks tho :doubt: just when r we gonna be able to modify dna? :doubt:

i hate how it just works in a chemical reaction way n has no principles n plans, so many ppl screwed by lame dna, n r just forced to deal with mess they never asked n duh would never wish for :dry:

I have only been a member of this forum for a few months, so I won't argue against how easy it would be to discredit my argument. After reading numerous posts in this specific forum, through my personal acne history, and observations in my life, I have come to the same conclusion that many others have (most of this is a restatement of people's findings and have stated it in this forum - so they deserve the credit).

Acne is a result of a sub-par liver. It's not your diet, hormones, or impaired bowels directly. Though they influence the result by extremely stressing your sub-par liver.

Before you hit the "reply" button to argue, here is why:

Some important liver responsibilities:

- filter the blood to remove large toxins (from the environment and within the body - including bowels)

- synthesize and secrete bile full of cholesterol and other fat-soluble toxins (gallstones impair this process)

- enzymatically disassemble unwanted chemicals.

- regulate blood sugar

- regulate hormone levels

How to aid your liver in doing its job: (less work/stress on your sub-par liver)

- Proper diet (inclusive of everyone's thoughts and diet regimens on this forum)

- exercise (we already know this)

- relieve stress (we already know this)

Why is it a sub-par liver then?

It's not directly your diet because:

1. Children don't have acne. This is a critical point to my argument.

2. Old people usually don't have acne. Hormone levels have subsided by this point.

3. There are many people who have terrible eating habits and don't have acne

It's not directly your hormones because:

1. Not everyone has acne while going through puberty

Acne occurs with a person that has a sub-par liver because of:

a.) Increased hormones

b.) Increased stress

c.) Improper diet and toxins that stress liver function

d.) any combination of the above

Simple Examples:

- A person with a terrible diet starts puberty. The liver cannot handle the diet and the increase in hormones. The result is acne.

- A person with a terrible diet has exited puberty and the hormone levels have subsided. Acne goes away if liver is able to handle terrible diet and new hormone level. (personal experience).

- A person with a terrible diet has an increase in stress. Again, the liver cannot handle this and the result is acne. (personal experience) This happened to me recently. I am now almost clear because of diet changes and stress relieving.

I grew up with 2 brothers, who are within a year of my age. We ate the same type of food and similar amounts. Lived in the same environment. Lived the same lifestyle (exercise, sleeping patterns, entertainment, etc). I had acne during puberty, they didn't. My genetics gave me a liver that is sub-par.

Well how can a liver be sub-par?

Easy. This is just as similiar as people who have impaired hearing, have near-sightedness, soft teeth, etc. Your DNA is to blame, its instructions were to create your liver. Your DNA is unique, as is your liver.

Someone with a terrible diet who has perfect skin most likely has an excellent liver. Someone who has severe acne and maintains a liver-friendly diet, most likely has a poor liver. But, that person with a poor liver may have 20/20 vision and the person with an excellent liver may be near-sighted.

What can be done to bring your liver up to par?

Well, you can't change your liver, unless you figure out how to modify DNA. What you can do is help your liver. Most people in this forum are helping their liver through diet, by eating a diet that allows the liver to spend more time removing toxins, regulating blood sugar, and removing hormones. Also, supplements can also work in tandem with the liver by lowering blood sugar, removing waste faster, etc....(fiber sounds like a winner there).

Also, eliminating gallstones could improve your liver function, though I haven't tried a liver flush yet. I am going to try a liver flush later this year, because I have a sub-par liver and I believe that by removing any potential gallstones that I may have, I will be improving my liver function.

References:

- This forum!

- Personal experiences and observations

- [url="http://www.doctormurray.com/articles/silybin.ht ttp://www.doctormurray.com/articles/silybin.htm (some liver responsibility info)

So it looks like a liver transplant is in order for me to become finally acne-free :D

I understand your argument but the whole idea of genetics is frustrating because in my entire family (parents, four siblings, uncles and aunty's, nephews and niece) i'm the only one with bad skin, and i find it incredible that i alone would be susceptable to a bad gene.

Personally i believe that my acne condition is due to my very poor diet in childhood and adolescence and being put on antibiotics at least four or five times in my life.

This is a great post!

????

It was a stupid post. Yes the liver is a factor due to it's involvement in managing hormones as well as in blood sugar and fat metabolism. But we do not all have subpar livers and there are many other factors involved in developing acne (some of which are also genetic) and people with perfectly functioning livers will get acne too.

However, you could and most likely do have habits that impair it's ability to function. And that is something you can improve.

Good things for your liver: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2574124

Where in there did the OP state how he/she determined that he/she did in fact have a 'subpar' liver as opposed to other factors that affect acne? What tests? What other liver related ailments?

Edited by alternativista

To be honest I don't have in depth knowledge as you guys do. I started learning a lot about the digestive system because my acne started acting up. I found this post to be informative because it provides some part of the answer to acne. Most members who have replied to this thread do agree to a certain degree about the sub-par liver. If not the sub-par liver, at least the importance of treating the liver right to see a favorable outcome.

I was relying on antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide to curb my acne.

Thank you for your link alternativista!

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

joris can u tell why so? :/

Sorry for being so short funglee, I dont know why I did that XD.

Well for multiple reasons:

1. We dont and cant all have sub par livers. (Like alternate said ) Its like saying 90% of population has cancer. They probably have researched how frequent subpar livers are and I dont think its as common as 70% of people (acne is very common). Although I have to admit they could have had wrong standards. But this is not my only argument.

2. My definition of a subpar liver is that its subpar by itself. Not by environmental factors. While the OP goes into how diet/stress/increased glucose/increased hormones can stress your liver. So it could just as well be that our livers are more stressed and not bad by standard.

3. And mostly it is the OP's misunderstanding of genetics and his flawed logic following that.

2quotes of the OP:

Edited by joris

The Original Poster is Partially Correct. Acne is simply a side effect of other issues within the body. It can be an under-performing liver, food group reactions, poor hygiene, hormonal imbalances, etc. The thing is, EVERYBODY can benefit from trying a Liver Cleanse. Unless you've been a dedicated vegetarian your whole life, you probably have some toxins built up inside you.

The original poster was incorrect by saying the only way to help your liver was by somehow altering your DNA. Not true at all. Look online, there are plenty of ways to eliminate toxins by doing a Liver Cleanse. I just posted a topic about it, but check out "How to Cure acne by releasing Toxins via LIVER FLUSH".

People have legitimately cured their acne from doing this. I'm not gonna say it will cure yours, but it's worth a try. Don't be fooled by people who say "acne can't be cured, you must just wait it out". I seriously urge you people to try the liver cleanse, and more than once.

The original poster was on the right track, if you can get your inner system working properly and release toxins, you can balance hormones, stop food reactions, and ultimately stop breaking out.

The Original Poster is Partially Correct.

The only things that are correct in the OP is the ways the liver plays a role in acne and the little bit of advice on how to help your liver function.

But we do not all have 'subpar' livers which was the OPs main claim. Very few of us do. And there are many, many other factors that also need to be addressed.

Yes and If you read my post I addressed those ways of helping the 'sub par liver'. Also, I wouldn't get so ahead of yourself saying your liver is working perfectly. The only way you know is if you've done a Liver cleanse and parasite cleanse and it had no effect on your acne.

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

not that it matters lol but i agree to u ppl, ofc for some ppl the trigger thing could maybe be even something else than liver? like fe poor kidneys or low thyroid or lympathic system or bad immunity or whatever else or even multiple problems together that cause somekinda "lag" in system then & which eventually cause acne, well speaking in my words that is xD

but even if i agree to u main point still is right, whatever cause is, it has been completely or partially predetermined by dna afterall & then aggravated less or more by other factors like diet, stress, sensitivity to something or other environmental factor etc well u know the story, everyones case is individual, blah. & this thread just explains it, even if not perfectly correctly, but meh, personally i like this thread.

i also believe for ppl who have very persisten acne, no matter what they eat, it could be the liver, sub-par or not, but has to do with liver afterall, bcz its like most important organ for filtering shit right? so i just doubt ppl who have anykind of other internal prob have perfectly healthy liver, i think whatever your internal problem is u still cant be having healthy liver, it has to be it, less or more but has to do with liver too, so if u fix your liver then other stuff will improve eventually as well, at least to some extent but yea..well imo :ermm: but maybe i just rrramble idk xD

*ignores joris* :-

^ Yes, the liver plays a role. And there are several ways genetics of course play a role. We are all genetically predisposed to acne.

But the OP's point, and the point of this thread, was that we all have acne because we all have genetically 'subpar' livers. And that is not true. Very few of us have anything wrong with our liver that isn't caused by how we eat and live. And that we cannot easily improve. And, liver function is only one of many factors that leads to acne. There are many more.

But guess what? The same diet and lifestyle habits that improve blood sugar metabolism, adrenal health, stress, thyroid, inflammation, etc, will help your liver. And that's what you should be focusing on.

Acne is .1% an issue of bacteria, 1% an issue of genetics, and ~99% an issue of diet, hormones, and inflammation.

Somewhere along that line, the liver is involved, but not everyone with a bum liver will have acne and not everyone with a good liver will have clear skin.

Edited by chunkylard

I'm surprised this thread is still alive.

The point of this topic was that there are many things that are not the root cause of acne, this includes diet, hormones, etc. My post is very clear as to why that is the case.

The problem is that our bodies are created differently, and for some of us our diet and other factors cannot be processed efficiently by our bodies. Sure, it may not entirely be the liver, I'll definitely concede that. Though keep in mind that the liver cleanses the blood (among other things), and our circulatory system is the highway that delivers whatever is in the blood to all the parts of our body.

The root cause is genetics.

First of all: yes you need genetics for acne! With slightly different genetics you would look like brad pit or have a sun allergy. I mean come on of course you need genetics for acne. With 1% different genetics you would be a chimp.

There are humans without acne with same lifestyle so they have genetics that allow that. We dont. So you need "acne genetics" to get acne. No discussion possible.

But that doesnt mean it has to be something like a organ. Not at all. It can be a lot more complicated.

For example your genetics can make you more prone to become a type 2 diabetic. But your lifestyle still needs to be crap to get it. Some more than others.

Genetics doesnt mean you have it or you dont. And you cant really do a lot about it. Which some people seem to think. And it especially doesnt mean: "nobody in my family has acne so its not genetic"

Edited by joris

I'm surprised this thread is still alive.

It's not still alive. It's alive again because some gullible person bumped it. I don't know why they don't find the good threads to bump instead.

I think people use genetics as an excuse for their acne, and why they aren't attempting to get rid of it. Everyone talks about acne as if it is the problem, like there is an acne gene. I personally believe regardless of what anyone thinks ACNE IS A SYMPTOM! may I repeat? SYMPTOM! of something one wrong in your body. I know plenty of individuals who have bad livers put no acne, or eat whatever they want and know acne. Thing is, the number of acne individuals have increased over the years and it is very much due to our life styles and what we eat.

This guy explains very well why insulin resistance can cause acne, read up on it! it makes sense!

http://sepsi.hubpages.com/hub/what-cause-acne

also I do believe excess hormones or unbalanced hormones can be a huge problem as well!

the liver could be a factor... but I doubt its THE factor. I think many things can play a role in acne and every body has a different reason. Personally I am trying to target it from every angle and so far have done a great job in reducing my acne and hope to further clear myself up!