Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Taff

Post accutane redness - why what how to sort?!?!

Started accutane in February this year, finished July 7th.

Had quite a bad time on it with skin reactions, rashes, burning etc, and the corners of my mouth split and my ears split at the bottom.

Came off July 7th (and actually got a letter from my derm saying how brave I'd been haha) and my skin was clear.

But red!!

Really Red!!

Like SCARLET!!

It is now 7th October (or after) which makes me 3months on. I'm still clear mainly, i get tiny pimples and red marks but nothing comes up so I'm pleased.

But I'm still red.

Really Red!!

Like SCARLET!!

If I so much as look at the sun I get burnt still (and I live in England so that's a little mad), and I moisturise 3 times a day, if I don't it goes mad.

I have tried everything - Aloe Vera, Aftersun, Emu Oil (which I like but is a little greasy and only works for a day).

Does anyone have any solutions, tips, reasons or remedies they'd like to share?

I'm dying to get back on the sun bed or in the sun, and kinda worried im going to go purple when I go skiing later in the year!?!?

Cheers.

The Taff

I was told it gets better 4-6 months when the treatment is done. I used to have this problem but only when shaving or other exfoliations or abrasive things like that.

Started accutane in February this year, finished July 7th.

Had quite a bad time on it with skin reactions, rashes, burning etc, and the corners of my mouth split and my ears split at the bottom.

Came off July 7th (and actually got a letter from my derm saying how brave I'd been haha) and my skin was clear.

But red!!

Really Red!!

Like SCARLET!!

It is now 7th October (or after) which makes me 3months on. I'm still clear mainly, i get tiny pimples and red marks but nothing comes up so I'm pleased.

But I'm still red.

Really Red!!

Like SCARLET!!

If I so much as look at the sun I get burnt still (and I live in England so that's a little mad), and I moisturise 3 times a day, if I don't it goes mad.

I have tried everything - Aloe Vera, Aftersun, Emu Oil (which I like but is a little greasy and only works for a day).

Does anyone have any solutions, tips, reasons or remedies they'd like to share?

I'm dying to get back on the sun bed or in the sun, and kinda worried im going to go purple when I go skiing later in the year!?!?

Cheers.

The Taff

ah skiing, u could try spot treating problem areas with dermatone.

i used it right after my last course of tane and to go skiing, its last longer then normal cream.. i put it all over my face to prevent dryness and windburn... no issues.

i think it comes in spf 25, and spf 30...

http://www.dermatone.com/

if your a skier you've prob used it before...

I was told it gets better 4-6 months when the treatment is done. I used to have this problem but only when shaving or other exfoliations or abrasive things like that.

Yeah, true, but I'm 3.5 months post accutane now and it's no better!!

I don't use peels, abrasive stuff or anything. I wash in moisturizer, and then add moisturizer, and I'm using after sun and aloe vera and takin a shit load a vit E and it jsut doesn't get an better. People are always takin the piss, and whereas I used to laugh it off as sunburn, it's fuckin winter now and no one would believe that!!

It's really annoying because I use to tan like amazingly well and now I go purple and blotchy!!

I also look majorly unwell with it!!

Does no-one have any better suggestions than it will fade? Is there nothing I can take or do or anything?!!?!?

The Taff