Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ireallyhateacne

cyst or cold sore!?!?

I just woke up today and i have this huge red bump on the bottom of my lip. How can i tell if this is a cold sore or a pimple? It has no head it's just red and it hurts a lot. Could it be a cyst? Last time i was sexually active was last month. I'm freaking out right now :confused: . I just took a pic of it on my phone but i dont have that cable to send it to my comp! I don't want to go into the public it's so big >.<

I've never in 25 years have had a cyst on my lip but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Funny you asked this question as I just got over a cold sore.

A cold sore hurts like a bee sting and my lip swelled and then turned into a blister. This is a strain of the Herpes Virus but not rthe same strain that causes genital herpes. I used ice and a lot of it every hour or so for about 10 minutes - this got rid of the inflammation and immediately got rid of the pain. Putting ice on it whether or not is a cyst or a cold sore is very good. If it is a cold sore, you'll feel immediate relief from the ice. At first my lip looked swollen and had a small red bump but I caught it right away.

I went to the health food store and bought a tube of Super Lysine lip treatment for cold sores (it contains L-Lysine (great to build up the immune system) zinc, vitamins A, D & E, Goldenseal extract, Calendula extract, Echinacea, Tea Tree oil (just a bit) in an olive oil and beeswax base.

It was gone in five days - this stuff works!

I've never in 25 years have had a cyst on my lip but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Funny you asked this question as I just got over a cold sore.

A cold sore hurts like a bee sting and my lip swelled and then turned into a blister. This is a strain of the Herpes Virus but not rthe same strain that causes genital herpes. I used ice and a lot of it every hour or so for about 10 minutes - this got rid of the inflammation and immediately got rid of the pain. Putting ice on it whether or not is a cyst or a cold sore is very good. If it is a cold sore, you'll feel immediate relief from the ice. At first my lip looked swollen and had a small red bump but I caught it right away.

I went to the health food store and bought a tube of Super Lysine lip treatment for cold sores (it contains L-Lysine (great to build up the immune system) zinc, vitamins A, D & E, Goldenseal extract, Calendula extract, Echinacea, Tea Tree oil (just a bit) in an olive oil and beeswax base.

:/ i had a cyst under my lip once. Don't go straight to thinking its a cold sore because at first it was all red too. Then a few days later it came to a head. Turned out it was a pimple

:/ i had a cyst under my lip once. Don't go straight to thinking its a cold sore because at first it was all red too. Then a few days later it came to a head. Turned out it was a pimple

The difference was the pimple was UNDER your lip while cold sores appear on the lip itself or the edges of the lip. But you are right that it won't come to a typical whitehead just a nasty looking white sore with fluid, then it blisters and scabs.