Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyza

How To Combat Dry Skin

ALL and EVERY moisterizer makes me break out and makes my scars persist i was wondering if there is any other way to defeat dry skin...dietary, medical etc...

Drink lots of water?

Its going to sound like i'm advertising a product, but I use proactiv toner (none of the other crap) and it actually helps keep my face mosturized (and it has glycolic acid!)

You could try to stop using topicals altogether and stop using any cleanser altogether. After a few weeks your skin will adjust and create just the right amount of oil. But during those weeks, your skin might itch and flake because it is not balanced correctly and it still is not producing the right amount of oil.

Otherwise... just try and drink more water, and eat healthy. But your skin will probably still be dry, maybe just not as bad.

If you want to keep using topical treatments, you are probably going to have to use a moisturizer.

I got severly dry skin one time in my eye area because I overloaded on the cetaphil cleanser. I just stopeed using anythingon my face at all for about a week and a half and just put on moisturizer all day 4 times a day. All day everyday, the only thing i would use, moisturizer 4 times a day and eventually my skin got supple again. I still have a brown mark next to my eye though, i hope its not permanent :(. But you, instead, should use johnsohns baby oil, instead of a moisturizer if your skin is that dry. Then once your skin is healthy again, use a MILD exfoliant. (dry skin has lots of dead skin cells which could trigger zits, but if the exfoliant is harsh it'll make your situation worse.)

yeh thanx for the replies, when u say dont use anything? does that mean wash my face with just water? or dont even do that aswell?

oh ok ill try that then, thanx for the tip...about the moisterizer thing....ALL moisterizers break me out so i think id be better off w/o

im like nota. anything that sits on my skin breaks me out with small white heads. So i guess im just going to stick with the water for a wk or two...thanx for the tips ppl, there is some hope left.

dry skin results from a lack of sebum, not water.

furthermore, it's a proven fact that jojoba oil doesn't clog pores.

Actually... you are wrong. Dry skin is a result of water loss. Sebum helps to keep water in the underlying tissue. When you use detergents to clean your skin it removes the sebum and the water that is being held in by the sebum.

Actually... you are wrong. Dry skin is a result of water loss. Sebum helps to keep water in the underlying tissue. When you use detergents to clean your skin it removes the sebum and the water that is being held in by the sebum.