Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

Anyone paying for an Accutane course out of pocket?

Anyone here paying for all of it without insurance and out of their pocket? How much is it costing you? And also are blood tests required MONTHLY now?

Hello there, depends where your from!!

I'm paying it out of my own pocket, as I am moving out of this country and so I am no longer covered by health insurance. I currently reside in Dubai. I pay about $70 US for a 30 pack of Roaccutane, at 20 mg's. I went to my derm today and I had to pay about $80 for consultation and $90 - 100 for blood work. Bloody expensive if you ask me.

Theres prob. a hundred posts asking this and here it goes....mine was $800 month just for the 90 caps of generic Tane. The labs ran $300 monthly. Yes u need monthly test everyone does to monitor your liver and lipid level.

Yeah it differs from where you are from I'm also paying for my own accutane. Its $168 per month about $100 US per month for me per box of roaccutane 30s of 20mg. This doesn't include consultation. My bill will come up to about $228 whenever I visit the derm. Blood tests are not necessary for me monthly.

Its bloody expensive to pay yourself in the US. Someone made post like this before and said it was about $600plus US per month.