Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xenth

Differin and tanning

So I've been on differin for 4-6 months (can't remember) and in combination with a strict diet I've seen some great results.

But I do have a lot of hyper pigmentation left though , would it hurt to tan and try to make it less noticeable?

So I've been on differin for 4-6 months (can't remember) and in combination with a strict diet I've seen some great results.

But I do have a lot of hyper pigmentation left though , would it hurt to tan and try to make it less noticeable?

Using something like Finacea and less harsh products will even your skin out a lot. Retins apparently do the job, i just don't think they do it very good. Finacea does basically the same thing, but doesn't give you the bad effects the Retins are notorious for.

Using something like Finacea and less harsh products will even your skin out a lot. Retins apparently do the job, i just don't think they do it very good. Finacea does basically the same thing, but doesn't give you the bad effects the Retins are notorious for.

I wouldn't tan. As momiji_girl said, short term gain for long term pain. Retinoids will help, but you have to be very patient. 6 months to a year for full results for hyperpigmentation, according to the various studies I've read.

yeah, i use differin and i thought id tan (while in spain obv) to hide my redmarks but reallyits onyl short term.

i would go the other way to short term gain, lon term pain by doing a SA or even GA peel. They are good at evening skin tone and redmarks, and theya re short term pain, long term gain :) lol

and yes, i lover Differin :) only the 0.1% tho, the 0.3% version is rubbish

I was reading in an edition of Bazaar magazine, and a great tip for hyper-pigmentation that they suggested is Jergens Natural Glow lotion for your face. I am not sure about the pore clogging-ness of this lotion, maybe others have used it here, but it gives your skin an even tone without harmful UV radiation. Whether or not any of us are on retinoids I should point out, sunscreen should be part of our regimen as UV rays are responsible for 80% of wrinkles, fine lines, and general skin degeneration according to new test.

Remember the Sunscreen!

i use retin-a micro and i go tanning. but i cover my face after 5 minutes or so. and i usually have some sort of ss on. you have to be careful. i wouldn't depend on it to even out something like that.