Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetheart519

Has anyone tried Dermablend?

I've heard of these stuff, but mainly they are used for people who have scars, unevenpatches, acne on their face. but it seems to me that your skin is pretty clear. Unless you have uneven skin tone or redness that is noticable and you want a flawless look. then by all means try it. Usually over the counter make-up should do fine, or try mineral make-up.

Oh I have bad redness and pitted scarring, it's just on the sides of my face and is blurred out by the picture. That's why I was wondering about it. If only my face looked like it does in that pic! Sigh. Anyway, my concealer and foundation only make it about 50% better. It doesn't cover it. So I was wondering if this might be better.

I bought dermablend in September because I wanted something I could use and go to school wearing and feel totally confident. Let me tell you this stuff is an absolute godsend!! I have red marks and it completely covers them up. It looks a little weird when it first goes on but when it sets (which takes just 2 mins) it is flawless. And, the best part is that it hasn't caused me to break out AT ALL! You should definitely try it, make sure you get the setting powder that comes with it because I forgot to buy it when I got the dermablend and I had to make two trips to the store, lol.

That's great! Thanks. I'm going to go buy some today! I mainly want it for the really dark red marks. I'm not looking for perfection. This sounds like just what I need.

That's great! Thanks. I'm going to go buy some today! I mainly want it for the really dark red marks. I'm not looking for perfection. This sounds like just what I need.

I tried it, broke me out like crazy and melted very quickly even with powder. Also came off on EVERYTHING. The ingredients are very clogging, be careful with this one.

Huh...well I didn't make it to the store to buy it as planned. Maybe I will hold off a bit. Any other opinions? Honestly I would rather deal with the red marks than risk breaking out again by covering them.

There are heaps of products on the market. the best person would be to talk to the skin consultant/beautician at your local pharmacy because they can blend the colours into your skin and choose the right product.

I use Dermablend now. I have really deep scaring and red marks and it covers these up totally. The only problem I have with it is like was said before - even with the finishing powder sometime is comes off on your clothes - but that may just be the australian weather.

because dermablend is hard matt consistency before you put it on, you need to moisturise before you work it in for easier coverage.

if matt makeup isnt for you, you should try lindaseidel which is a liquid camoflauge makeup - which works the same wayas dermablend and also has the finishing powder to set it.

good luck.