Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AKcanada

do hormones cause you to break out in one particular place?

does anyone have a part of their face that is especially sensitive to acne? like it's always the first place to have a pimple when you break out, and that area always looks the worst compared to the rest of your face?

it's the strangest thing... that "special" place for me is the right side of my chin. the rest of my face will be fine, but that one spot is always the red flag. haha it's like a hormonal acne barometer. if i'm pms-ing badly, that's the only place i break out, and when i stopped spiro, the acne started there first again. (i've re-started spiro).

i wonder if certain places in our skin have hormonal receptors that are just far more sensitive than anywhere else. haha does anyone else have a hormonal acne barometer like i do? haha

In general hormonal acne happens along the jawline, chin, and sometimes cheeks. I have really bad scars on my right jawline, several on my right cheek, very few on my left jawline and a couple of bad ones on my left cheek. My right side of my face, particularly my right jawline, is my problem area.

My chin. No particular side but under my chin as well. My jawline would be next. I very seldom get any on my cheeks or forehead except for the flesh-colored bumps I have right now on my forehead. I do notice if I do get one on my cheek it is always the left side.

It was mainly my chin (cysts for many years) and also sometimes around my jaw, mouth or nose. Rarely my cheeks or forehead.

Sweethart - just wanted to say "Congrats" on your status and glad to hear your doing so well! The Bactrim has helped my daughter so much in just 2 weeks..mainly just red marks now slowly fading. She's just finishing up her 8th week on Sprio and it is definately helping as well, any breakouts are tiny and go away quickly. I hope you have continued success with the Sprio!

Sweethart - just wanted to say "Congrats" on your status and glad to hear your doing so well! The Bactrim has helped my daughter so much in just 2 weeks..mainly just red marks now slowly fading. She's just finishing up her 8th week on Sprio and it is definately helping as well, any breakouts are tiny and go away quickly. I hope you have continued success with the Sprio!

Cheeks and jawline -- that's how I knew they were probably hormonal acne. It's weird. As a teen, I got acne almost exclusively in the T-zone. Now I barely get it in the T-zone at all, just the cheeks and jawline.