Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
begin1

Facial Sweat

OK so using the BP and moisturizer as directed, I only apply the medication to my checks and chin, not my forehead.

However, whenver I'm doing very mild exercise, I sweat from all over the face and even the forehead, where I put no products except washing with a non-medicated cleanser.

Does anyone know if this is related to the regimen, and how I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks guys

I was just about to post the same question. Ever since I started using the regimen a few years ago, my face sweats ALOT in situations that there shouldn't be any sweat. Even if its just barely hot or humid. Every other part of my body will be dry, but my face will be dripping wet. Is it because we are basically putting a thick layer of product on our face and it can't breath? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I noticed this as well.

I had to stop wearing under shirts, since that was just making me over heat abit. This only happens to me though when I wear a moisturizer, but I still don't mind. I just use a paper towel to gentle dab whenever this happens.

Same here.. after cycling to school.. gym at school my face is sweating like a pig.

I just go to the toilet and dap it with toilet paper.

Who wants to try an experiment of one day not using anything on the face except a cleanser, and see if you sweat while doing very light excersise ;)?

It may be the moisturizer. It used to be HORRIBLE when i was using a Lubriderm moisturizer, and had to apply it very thick so my skin wouldn't flake. Its got much better when I started using the Eucerin, and now Dans. Does Dan have any tips for facial sweating while on the regimen?

I have never had this problem myself, but like SadinChicago has said, it might be the moisturizer you're using. That's all I can think of. Some people may just sweat more easily.

This is happening to me as well. I sweat to easily, and its directly linked to to the time I started the regimen. Its annoying as hell. Like, getting in the way of my life annoying, as I can't even hold a conversation before I start sweating like hell. I use Cetaphil moisturizer btw.

Has anybody tried just not applying it for one day and seeing if it lessesn the amount of sweat? Or is it a perma-damage type thing...?

I never sweat like this before the regimen.

Imho it's just the moisturizer, it makes your skin "breath".. perhaps a bit too much(mine does.. i never sweat above my lip ever since the regimen.. i started to sweat there? :| ).

haha yea i got the same thing, i sweat like mad from my face but i do not care since im clear its worth being sweaty.

when i get home mid afternoon i can usuualyl see sweat all over my face

*Just Speculation* but maybe this is a good thing because your pores might be more open and not getting all clogged up... Personally, I like having a good sweat; I'm not sure if the dirt, oil, and dead skin cells actually get evacuated by the sweat, but I like to think so.