Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayteedid

I need a good pair of jeans

I have always loved buying new clothes, but am a cheapskate so I usually go to Ross, Goodwill, Old Navy, etc. These stores are all right for most stuff, but I decided I really want to find an awesome brand of jeans that I can buy again and again.

My body shape is hourglass I guess, or pear. I have bigger hips (not huge) and a small waist. I don't like really low rise jeans, or those that come up to high either. I don't like the tight skinny jeans, bootcut is more my style.

I am willing to pay $40-$70. I live in Portland so accesibility to large deparment stores is not an issue.

Please help, I'm so sick of crappy jeans that fall apart or ones that don't fit right!!!!

Hmm thats a pretty cool website, but I really don't want to order online. I'd much rather be able to try them on first.

^ I wish I had that problem! I have the opposite problem...tight on the thighs but too big on the waist.

American Eag;e jeans do NOT fit me at all, but I have a bootay. The super low rise is just not good one me. Which brings me to another point-I had the "Boyfreind" jeans from AE but they just didn't work, so about 2 months later without a receipt and no tags on them I was able to return them and got a sweater instead! :dance:

I feel your pain! But I think I might have a soultion for you. If you have a measuring tape THIS website is a godsend.

http://www.zafu.com/

Give them your measurements and find the perfect fit of jeans, or bra, or plus sized clothing!

it's similar to Myshape.com but has a better jean selection!

^ I wish I had that problem! I have the opposite problem...tight on the thighs but too big on the waist.

American Eag;e jeans do NOT fit me at all, but I have a bootay. The super low rise is just not good one me. Which brings me to another point-I had the "Boyfreind" jeans from AE but they just didn't work, so about 2 months later without a receipt and no tags on them I was able to return them and got a sweater instead! :dance:

www.zafu.com

i have found my favs - DKNY Soho Jean - $48 - awesome cut, super stretchy - great fit. :wub: i have a small waist but i've got junk in the trunk and thick thighs, so finding jeans is always challenging. these are perfect and have become my HG jeans..............

www.zafu.com

i have found my favs - DKNY Soho Jean - $48 - awesome cut, super stretchy - great fit. :wub: i have a small waist but i've got junk in the trunk and thick thighs, so finding jeans is always challenging. these are perfect and have become my HG jeans..............

Sounds like what I need. Do you know what stores carry them?

Yes I bumped my own thread from the second page, but I still need help!

I went to AE today and checked out their jeans.

Boyfriend cut: the wash was awesome, fit of the legs was great, but the waist was gaping (not surprising).

Hipster cut: hugged my waist very nicely (no gaping), but the thigh was a little tight. I might need one size bigger, which I will try tomorrow. The butt in this cut is pretty good, not super awesome though.

I looked up the DKNY Soho jeans and found this link, http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/inde...-xx.esn_results Is that it? If so I don't like the look of that style, but I'll check them out tomorrow anyway.

I also want to know if anyone has other suggestions for jeans found in mall stores, since that's where I'll be tomorrow. I'm still convinced there's a perfect pair of jeans out there that I can buy again and again. Thanks girls!

I looked up the DKNY Soho jeans and found this link, http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/inde...-xx.esn_results Is that it? If so I don't like the look of that style, but I'll check them out tomorrow anyway.

I also want to know if anyone has other suggestions for jeans found in mall stores, since that's where I'll be tomorrow. I'm still convinced there's a perfect pair of jeans out there that I can buy again and again. Thanks girls!

i find myself loving the fit of all the jean styles from the companies hydraulic and angels jeans. (i find these at bob's stores) american eagle outfitters ain't bad either.

no matter what you choose, i think a main factor (for me anyway) in a good fitting pair of jeans is a bit of stretch fabric.

OK I went to the mall and only had time to return my jeans at AE and try on a couple other styles/sizes. One size up in the Hipster style worked better, but I liked the Trouser jean more, which is what I bought. It is a little lower rise than I like, but hugs every curve so nicely i couldn't leave them there! The wide leg is oh so cute, but they were $20 more than the hipster and boyfriend.

What retailers sell Silver jeans? I still want to check those out. Oh and after I got home I realized the bimbo at AE didn't take the plastic ink-filled thing off the jeans , so now I have to go back a third time. This is really turning into quite the adventure.

I vote this thread gets stickied! So many good links in here I'd like to see again when I need to buy jeans in the future.

I've been just wearing Levis 550 womens classic relaxed fit. (they also make a boot cut) I can get them on sale for about $30 at regular farm and garden type stores here.

I feel your pain! But I think I might have a soultion for you. If you have a measuring tape THIS website is a godsend.

http://www.zafu.com/

Give them your measurements and find the perfect fit of jeans, or bra, or plus sized clothing!

it's similar to Myshape.com but has a better jean selection!

ooh good thinking! Just incase it does get stickied...here are my contributing links

AE Trouser fit: (fits my curves and has a fashionable wide leg, also very cute detail. For some reason they make these very long, so I'll need to hem them)

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?c...uctId=0437_7100

AE Hipster fit: (looked good on hips/waist, but too tight on thighs!)

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?c...uctId=1437_7892

Arizona Favorite Flare at JCPenny: (very nice fit for a cheaper brand, the denim seems to be a nice quality as well. It also doesn't flare too much. The crotch area seems SLIGHTLY baggy, but is find if I wear a belt)

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?...iteID=210054841