Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ariano29

Oil pulling works for me!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm new to this site but have been here browsing before. I've tried numerous suggestions from this site but none have worked for me. I've also tried so many OTC products and online products with little success. I only have moderate acne right now but there were times in my life when I've had big flare ups. I've had acne since I was about 13 or 14, I'm now 29. The ONLY thing that has ever cleared up my acne COMPLETELY has been antibiotics, which I took a few months ago as a preventative measure for malaria when I went to Peru for work. Now that I'm not taking them anymore my acne has returned. I recently stumbled across a webite that I can't post a link to on here and found something very interesting: natural cures. I looked up acne cures and discovered something called "oil pulling", or "OP". I know it sounds weird at first but trust me, it works. (You'll have to google oil pulling to find out where I found it) OP does more than just clear up bad skin though. It's helped me become more focused at work, my mood has lightened quite a bit, my confidence has risen, and best of all, my skin is FINALLY clearing up, and WITHOUT any drugs!!!! I do the OP routine twice a day with sesame oil, wash with Cetaphyl, and use hydrogen peroxide as a toner before work and before bed and this seems to be working GREAT for me. I still have a few pimples here and there but my overall improvement has been outstanding!! I found out that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches make me break out so I'm gonna have to steer clear of them. :( I'm still trying to figure out what diet to stick with for best results but for the most part I've gotten it down over the last 15 years. After trying this routine and noticing that nobody has discovered it on this site (at least I THINK nobody has) I just HAD to share it with all of you. There are numerous cures on that website that I can't post that you might want to check out too but I just wanted to pass along the success I'm having with OP. Please check it out for yourselves, give it a chance, and post your results. Good luck all. :) Here is an article that started the whole OP craze: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/life/2...21000160400.htm

I have been reading about this for a bit now and I think I am going to personally try it.

I hope that it has skin benefits for myself as well, removing toxins and bacteria from the body would be the most rewarding I would say.

I read that Sesame Oil is the best for skin.

Ok I just read up on oil pulling.

1. This has no scientific basis and makes no sense based upon anatomy and physiology

2. It won't hurt you

Our body is pretty good at eliminating toxins on its own, we have several organs dedicated to it in fact.

OK, I know this has nothing to do with acne, but I told my mother in law about the oil pulling a few weeks ago and she started doing it for her high blood pressure just to try anything. She's been battling high blood pressure for years now and the doctors will only give her drugs to "help" lower it. As of 2 weeks ago, she dropped her blood pressure from 240 to 140, and her blood/sugar level another hundred points. She stopped taking her meds for her blood pressure while oil pulling and she said she's not going to tell her doc about that. He told her that whatever she's doing to keep doing it. I use sesame oil simply because it doesn't taste as bad as others. I only taste it after I spit it out. There are TONS more benefits other than clear skin by doing oil pulling. I have only missed 2 days since I started this thread and I'm still seeing results. It's worth a try people.

I would try it but when you're talking about rubbing oil on the face I get too scared to even try :(. Maybe if someone would post some before and after shots I might be convinced to give it a try :)

I would try it but when you're talking about rubbing oil on the face I get too scared to even try :(. Maybe if someone would post some before and after shots I might be convinced to give it a try :)

Anyone trying this yet? I'm still doing it twice a day, once in the AM and once before bed. I also use ACV as a toner in the AM and my skin is starting to clear up again from the bad diet I was on while in Vegas these past 3 weeks. Fast food is CRAP I tell ya!!!! Anyways, there's gotta be SOMEbody out there willing to try this. I know it sounds weird but it WORKS!!!

I have been reading about this for a bit now and I think I am going to personally try it.

I hope that it has skin benefits for myself as well, removing toxins and bacteria from the body would be the most rewarding I would say.

I read that Sesame Oil is the best for skin.