Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ameria2008

Why can't guys respect me?!

I went to the gas station around the evening time with my mother, and she told me to go inside and buy drinks and lotto for her, and since my face looked reasonable, I did it for her. While I was paying for the items, some guy went behind me and said, "Damn girl, you have a ba dunk a dunk!(meaning my ass sticks out in pants so losers take notice). God I felt so disgusted that I just ignored him and paid for the items and left. What's up with guys nowadays? Why can't they give a girl a compliment rather than a derogatory statement? That's the bad thing about my face clearing up at times, I attract the lowest of the low, which results in me picking at times.

Sorry I'm just venting cause that loser pissed me off!

I went to the gas station around the evening time with my mother, and she told me to go inside and buy drinks and lotto for her, and since my face looked reasonable, I did it for her. While I was paying for the items, some guy went behind me and said, "Damn girl, you have a ba dunk a dunk!(meaning my ass sticks out in pants so losers take notice). God I felt so disgusted that I just ignored him and paid for the items and left. What's up with guys nowadays? Why can't they give a girl a compliment rather than a derogatory statement? That's the bad thing about my face clearing up at times, I attract the lowest of the low, which results in me picking at times.

Sorry I'm just venting cause that loser pissed me off!

Man those kind of guys seriously should be shot, They give the male population a bad name. Worse yet are the girls who actually like that kind of shit and walk around advertising themselves sexually.

That really sucks. Typically, I ignore them. It's pretty bad when I go to the gym and am walking back to my dorm. I get a lot of catcalls. Who knows how drunk those guys are. lol.

As for the butt comment...well I don't exactly get that, I'm a skinny white chick.lol. But guys acting like pigs, not the best way to win you over. :teehee:

Whenever I hear something like that I just smile and say:

I'm not interested in your 2 inches of dangling fury.

That usually works.

Sexism is still rampant, unfortunately. And for many women, attempts at harassment are part of our experience.

It helps to remember that the personal is often the political. Objectification of women and so forth. Meaning that this harassment is part of something greater; feminist literature is good in this way.

As for how to deal with these losers, I find ignoring works well. There's really nothing you could say to them. They are looking for a reaction, and if you just ignore them they wind up looking like the fools they are. Of course, if the situation escalates you will want to say something.

I recall your story about the guy you encountered while jogging, too. Seems like you have bad luck when it comes to creepy men. :)

Don't worry; eventually you'll run into an upstanding guy and get a compliment.

i'm sorry.... guys can be such douches sometimes, but they're not all like that. you'll find a nice one someday. in the meantime, try to take even their low class compliments as just that, compliments. it's nice to a certain extent to be appreciated, even if it's in an inproper way.

I'm a guy, but I get similar comments from girls. I lift weights, so I'm somewhat built. Girls are always telling me how huge my biceps are, and if they can feel them. God, I just can't stand that. Or the other day at work, this girl came in and kept looking at me and smiling, so I turned to her and say "excuse me, can I help you?" and she says "I was just admiring your chest". Gawwwd, that pissed me off big time. I mean, I do have a face you know, you don't have to stare at my chest, then actually openly admit to it!! What am I, a piece of meat? My female co-workers always grab my biceps any chance they get. I feel so violated. Had it been the other way around, I would have been hit with a sexual harassment case.. . :doubt:

Oh I know how you feel. I hate it when I feel like I'm an object. I go to clubs a lot b/c I like to dance. There are the guys that do nothing but talk about my ass or my figure or just look me up and down. Or they have a damn hard on when I'm dancing with them. And they disgust me. Then there are the nice guys that just simply tell me I'm beautiful. Not that my legs are beautiful, or my ass is beautiful, but I'M beautiful. Or I have pretty eyes, or a nice smile. And those are the compliments that make my day. Not all guys are assholes but yep, there are a lot. Just try to let it go in one ear and out the other. Hopefully you can stop encountering those kinds of men.

omg yes! i hate that!

i always say something back... my mom always tells me to ignore them bcuz i may get shot or something.

Oh I know how you feel. I hate it when I feel like I'm an object. I go to clubs a lot b/c I like to dance. There are the guys that do nothing but talk about my ass or my figure or just look me up and down. Or they have a damn hard on when I'm dancing with them. And they disgust me. Then there are the nice guys that just simply tell me I'm beautiful. Not that my legs are beautiful, or my ass is beautiful, but I'M beautiful. Or I have pretty eyes, or a nice smile. And those are the compliments that make my day. Not all guys are assholes but yep, there are a lot. Just try to let it go in one ear and out the other. Hopefully you can stop encountering those kinds of men.

That's mostly because when a man compliments a part of a women's body that is typically sexual, it's often believed that the man wants something sexual from it. Incorrect in some instances, I'm sure, but overall, it's not a mistaken assumption.

I don't understand this. Based upon what I see, when guys say stuff like "Nice ass" or something like that, the girls are usually flattered. But based upon what the women here are saying, you find it repulsive? This really boggles my mind.

Some girls are flattered, some girls are repulsed. But it's just rude, in general, to compliment someone in a leering manner. Women tend to be touchier about the subject, considering the fact that women are sexualized and objectified more often (and thus treated in such manners) than men.

I will just add...there is no doubt the compliments about my figure, ass, whatever are flattering. Yes, they are. But I probably would not date someone who gave me a compliment like that because it's almost a red flag to me. That they are too superficial, if that's all they talk about and look at.