Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justme8966

No more breakouts - how do I clear up my skin now?

Hi,

I don't really break out anymore. At least not those whiteheads. But my skin is still a mess - I've got blackheads like everywhere and my skin is just so uneven, it's got little tiny spots all over, so it just never feels even or nice and smooth.

And another thing, I get oily so fast, which makes my skin look worse.

Please tell me what to use and whether or not I should use a moisturizer or if I can do without one.

thx

bye Nick

I've got the same issue to deal with... I'll probably get a mini green peel done which will deeply exfoliate.. which will encourage healthy tissue regrowth etc.

Basically I am in the same situation too. I don't get too much breakouts and even when I do, it's very mild. So now I just need some steps to get off all the red stuff over my face. I am currently using an ex foliating glove but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

if it feels bumpy and stuff just use a washcloth whenever you wash your face. that will definitely smoothen out your face. but you dont have to do it hard.

I think you simply have to exfoliate more, whether it's manual (eg. baby brush method) or chemical (glycolic/salicylic acid). The product that killed my blackheads is Paula's Choice 2% BHA, which is salicylic acid.

What worked for me was Paula's choice BHA. If you do a forum search, you'll find that many other people like it too. But for some, there's initial breakout in the first week or two. And like any other product, it might not work for everyone. What happened for me was initial breakout, then my blackheads start going away.

Another thing that you could try is manual exfoliation with a soft brush. Check out this thread.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/The-offic...ng-t140618.html

well if u have sensitive skin like i do, just get one of those cleansers that dry out ur skin made for sensitive skin.. i forgot what mine was called but its something.. plus one from paris.

btw i had oily oily skin not anymore though.