Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scoobydoobydoo

has your acne made you meaner?

Hey that's quite an interesting topic!

I believe I've had exactly the opposite reaction. At the worse part of my life, when I had really bad acne and braces and untamed afro-like hair, I started being this really uplifting, smiling and funny person, and it made me good friends and gave me attention, even though I looked like the ugly duckling! After realising that I was actually getting attention from guys, I noticed that people don't really care for a pretty face that much, they like positive attitude, and I'm trying to have that. Don't get me wrong, I don't fake it! But I used to be so depressed and introverted, and starting to be more positive has helped me in so many ways, this is one of them.

...But I'm still a wee bit angry at those who have perfect porcelain complexion. :evil:

Acne has turned me into a bitter person. I'm usually a pretty polite person but I can snap very easily. I work in a busy shop and when customers moan or become rude I can turn pretty nasty. I shout at them, slam doors and punch walls. I've also become more cynical over the years as well as jealous. I can't except when friends have achieved good things because I myself havn't achieved anything good. Acne has also turned me into a huge loner.

I sit in my room all day when I'm not working and do fuck all, just burning time on the computer. This has led to me losing all my friends and having no social contact with people outside of work. No social interaction means I'm lonely, I've never had a girlfriend and makes me depressed and in turn makes me angry and mean. I don't like people who are happier than I am. I don't like people who have more than I have, who have more friends than I have, who have better grades then I have or who have achieved more than I have.

I was much nicer when I had acne. I had lower self esteem and this manifested in me being extra placating and wayy too nice to people. When I look really good, I'm proud and less likely to bend over backwards for others.

personally acne has made me more cynical, if anything.

I absolutely know what you mean! I think I've become rather bitter and cynical. I internally loathe "pretty" people. A lot of them don't appreciate what they have and in turn become very superficial and vain, but I guess that has a lot to do with how society treats them. I'm an observer and when I see a pretty person walk through the door I watch the people in the room check them out and quietly curse them. It's so childish, I know. Or when I see an attractive guy hit on an attractive woman I will always scoff at them, because I'm 99% positive that if she was "average" or if he didn't have that tan, those biceps and that douchebag smile they wouldn't give the other one the time of day. Anyway, yes, I am cynical but I'm also a lot more accepting of what might be considered physical flaws of other people.

I used to never, ever get angry, now i get furious at the sight of someone doing anything to me other than a petty joke (not about acne though).

If someone jokes that they are better looking than me because they werent cursed with acne and dont have fucked hair (my fault), I actually want that person to die, I cant help but visualise their lifeless body (maybe with stab wounds...) infront of me. Ok it sounds sick, but acne is unfair enough as it is, couple it with someone you were extremely kind to and helped them ALOT, then have them laugh saying a girl said they were good looking but you werent then you want that person DEAD (yes i am thinking of someone i know... :boohoo:)

In am always kind and polite to those who deserve it.

I internally loathe "pretty" people. A lot of them don't appreciate what they have and in turn become very superficial and vain,

Exactly, that's how i think too. Pretty people has everything too easy. And they always have a disordered mind. I mean, they have so much of themselves, they have so much privileges in life because they pretty, they can have anyone they want, the receive "free love" just to put a toe in the street that they became horrible persons.

That's the truth

I internally loathe "pretty" people. A lot of them don't appreciate what they have and in turn become very superficial and vain,

Exactly, that's how i think too. Pretty people has everything too easy. And they always have a disordered mind. I mean, they have so much of themselves, they have so much privileges in life because they pretty, they can have anyone they want, the receive "free love" just to put a toe in the street that they became horrible persons.

That's the truth

That's the truth

That's the truth

That is not the truth. It's only the truth to you because you're jealous when you shouldn't be. How immature.