Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

How's everybody doing today?

I was hoping to gain from some of ya'lls expertise today. I have a scar and i'm not sure what it is and how I can treat it... It was left over from a cyst I tried popping a couple times, I never actually took any skin away though. So it is not a depressed scar, but i'm not sure I would call it a raised scar either. It is kind of a brown triangular shapped piece of skin and the inside of it feels a bit harder than any where else on my face. I figured it would go away but it's been about a year and it's still there. I feel like I could maybe ignore it like I have been trying to do for a year or find out if there is a way to treat it, it seems like it must be easier to treat than an indented scar. So can you tell me what it is (closest thing I could find was hypertrophic but it doesn't raise that much, if at all) and what can I do to treat and why maybe this got scarred?

Hi guys,

How's everybody doing today?

I was hoping to gain from some of ya'lls expertise today. I have a scar and i'm not sure what it is and how I can treat it... It was left over from a cyst I tried popping a couple times, I never actually took any skin away though. So it is not a depressed scar, but i'm not sure I would call it a raised scar either. It is kind of a brown triangular shapped piece of skin and the inside of it feels a bit harder than any where else on my face. I figured it would go away but it's been about a year and it's still there. I feel like I could maybe ignore it like I have been trying to do for a year or find out if there is a way to treat it, it seems like it must be easier to treat than an indented scar. So can you tell me what it is (closest thing I could find was hypertrophic but it doesn't raise that much, if at all) and what can I do to treat and why maybe this got scarred?

Is there any way you can post a picture? It's tough to know what you're talking about w/o seeing it.

Otherwise, I would just go to a dermatologist and ask him/her what the deal is.

Is there any way you can post a picture? It's tough to know what you're talking about w/o seeing it.

Otherwise, I would just go to a dermatologist and ask him/her what the deal is.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t65/raw...2007/Photo9.jpg

that picture was from pretty up close, so it makes my skin look really bad :(

Top right corner on the left side of the picture, it might be kinda hard to see.

Also, I hate editing my posts a whole bunch but I guess it's good to get it all done in one post, I have only ever had acne on one side of my face, the one you see in that picture, I have kind of messed my face up a bit from picking and products and whatnot, the other side is totally normal. I guess it's just something that I have to live with. I am more than open to any responses which you think might help me. I have been on the regimen for a while now probably like 3-4 months and I still get pimples or whatever. Ok thanks a lot.