Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redeyesblue

Pears Soap or Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser ?

I'm not sure what to use on my face out of the two, I have had both recommended to me as they are supposed to be gentle.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Ingredients - Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Pears Soap

Ingredients - Sodium Palmitate, Natural Rosin, Glycerine, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Rosemary Extract, Thyme Extract, Pears Fragrance Essence

I have used both and dont have any instant negative reactions to either. I like the idea of not using SLS(Sodium Laurel Sulfate) on my skin, thus choosing PEARS, but I don't think PEARS is pH balanced like cetaphil is, and is a little drying (not irritating).

is SLS reallybad for your skin? if it isn't then I'd probably feel better about using cetaphil, otherwise the ingredients in PEARS (although not pH balanced) are friendlier and natural.

I dont so muich have many pimples anymore (just a couple around the mouth, and a few red marks) sensitive skin and persistent pinkish cheeks so choosing the right product to use every day is important.

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts.

The SLS in the Cetaphil is such a small percentage that it likely doesn't impact most people. Shampoos generally have more SLS than cleansers do.

You could take a look at the Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Antibacterial Bar. Its ingredients: Also Contains: Sodium Cocoyl Bethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isosteroyl Lactylate, Sucrose Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentatate, Tetrasodium Etidronate. MAY CONTAIN Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Ohh In Australia it seems you can only get the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, but I see it specifies that it is 'pH balanced' which is good. Their seems to be a lot of ingredients, im wondering if its better going the soap or the cleanser hmm