Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gypsee

Residual Benefits from Radiesse?

I had Radiesse injected last week to help fill in some rolling scars along my jawline and on my chin. I'm pretty happy with the results, although in retrospect, I should have had subsicion done first (need to discuss that with the PS for next time).

Anyway, according to the Radiesse website (www.radiesse.com), Radiesse injections stimulate collagen production and encourage tissue growth in and around the injection area. It also says that:

"Over time, your body absorbs the gel carrier while collagen has started to grow and infiltrate the area, replacing the gel with your own, natural tissue. The Radiesse Microspheres continue to provide the support and structure for your body to grow new tissue and collagen until the Microspheres are also safely and naturally absorbed into your body."

I'm wondering if this means that over time, less and less Radiesse would be needed for scar correction/reduction, or even if it's possible that eventually, enough new tissue and collagen could be generated following a series of injections to where further injections would be unnecessary. I know that 100% correction with any method is not possible, but I'm wondering if substantial long-term improvement is possible without having to go back for annual injections on into infinity....

I had Radiesse injected last week to help fill in some rolling scars along my jawline and on my chin. I'm pretty happy with the results, although in retrospect, I should have had subsicion done first (need to discuss that with the PS for next time).

Anyway, according to the Radiesse website (www.radiesse.com), Radiesse injections stimulate collagen production and encourage tissue growth in and around the injection area. It also says that:

"Over time, your body absorbs the gel carrier while collagen has started to grow and infiltrate the area, replacing the gel with your own, natural tissue. The Radiesse Microspheres continue to provide the support and structure for your body to grow new tissue and collagen until the Microspheres are also safely and naturally absorbed into your body."

I'm wondering if this means that over time, less and less Radiesse would be needed for scar correction/reduction, or even if it's possible that eventually, enough new tissue and collagen could be generated following a series of injections to where further injections would be unnecessary. I know that 100% correction with any method is not possible, but I'm wondering if substantial long-term improvement is possible without having to go back for annual injections on into infinity....

I have asked a PS before about this. He said it's possible that you would get some permanent improvement from temp filler, but most likely just a little bit. Most people on this forum who did that says the effect is just temporary. You can definitely start w/ radiesse to see how it works on you, but just keep realistic expectation.