Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XXXAAA

Do any of you try to go out at night only?

I do this all the time when it comes to social activities and meeting up with cute guys. Of course, I work in the daytime, which is fine, but with anything more social, I'll try to do things at night only. Anyone else??

hahahaha omg thts deffffinatly me!!! i also actly feeel muchh beter wen its nite time. feel waayyy tooo wierd wen i go out with gurls in the day timeee maan

Yup, I used to only go out after 6pm and I'll stay out till early mornings, I rarely ever go out in the morning or afternoon, unless of course I have school.

Yes, the sunlight is hard on people with scars. I also am very aware of lighting and have tried to stay out of strong overhead lighting.

I never was reclusive even when I had severe acne.

I'm not reclusive now, even with moderate scarring.

I'm not reclusive, I have tons of friends and am very friendly and people joke around with me all the time at work. I am just SO aware of lighting. It makes it easy cuz most people go out at night.

I'm not reclusive, I have tons of friends and am very friendly and people joke around with me all the time at work. I am just SO aware of lighting. It makes it easy cuz most people go out at night.

I think there's more shadows right when it starts to get dark or when you are in a place WITHOUT bright lights. I actually like bright lights with NO shadowing effect. The shadows are what makes me look bad!

It is more common for people to go out at night and meet new people, because of course almost everyboy during the day has work or errand to do and dont have time to socialize very much, and thats why preople do outing at night because it is a time of day to relax and have fun, not to worry on anything else going on with their lives, its something to do with their moods and how they feel it is.

Plus, who drinks during the day, when its better at night, were you can have a lot of fun!

WOW I canot believe i'm not the only one :excl: I have been doing that for years now and have been tilting my face for less scar emphasis aswell. Sometimes I flat-out refuse to go to places simply for the lighting. ANd that includes place that are sunny.It's quite a sad existence actually...

I hate flourescent lights..whats the point of only going outdoors at night when you're friends are gonna wanna go into a restaurant or somewhere lighted with those damn hallogen light bulbs!

Guest delta force operators

i dont see why u would do it at the night if u have scars

dont scars show up worse in night time lighting????

Makes no difference to me. You gotta do what you gotta do no matter what time of day it is. Acne never stopped me from doing or enjoying anything. I am who i am. :snooty:

All this makes for a good chuckle though. I was just thinking about how lifting my face towards flourescent lighting shows my scars less than when looking down, but I started smiling thinking about how I'd look walking around with my nose lifted towards the ceiling all the time, hehe.

I don't go out the house at all, day or night, and i've been this way for the past 4 years, although i'm worse now than ever before, i used to leave the house on the odd ocassion as long as i had someone with me. I've got to get a train tomorrow to England from Scotland and i feel sick at the very thought, i've got a consultation down in Newcastle for fraxel so i have no option but to get the train, but i'm kinda regretting booking the whole thing, as i am a panicking stressed out mess right now! I just don't know how the hell i'm gonna manage. Back when i had perfect skin i was sooo outgoing, i was always out, and never stayed in at home on my own, plus i worked full time, now i have to claim incapacity benefit money as i am classed as incapacitated due to my agoraphobia which is caused by my horrible acne scarring.

I swear i am cursed by the devil himself.

Guest markychv

Yes I am a totaly night person, I do all my shopping and errands only in the evening. I guess my acne and more importantly, my acne scars really left a negative scar in my soul. Sad but true.

Mark

Ive always enjoyed the night more than the day, but since the acne came, ive made it a habit of NEVER leaving the house during the day except for walking the dog

It sucks because I always had a morning routine that i dont do anymore, walk a few blocks to my favorite deli, get some breakfast and coffee, then trek back home.....such a trivial event, sounds so damn simple, but i havent done it in months, im afraid of the daytime

I don't go out the house at all, day or night, and i've been this way for the past 4 years, although i'm worse now than ever before, i used to leave the house on the odd ocassion as long as i had someone with me. I've got to get a train tomorrow to England from Scotland and i feel sick at the very thought, i've got a consultation down in Newcastle for fraxel so i have no option but to get the train, but i'm kinda regretting booking the whole thing, as i am a panicking stressed out mess right now! I just don't know how the hell i'm gonna manage. Back when i had perfect skin i was sooo outgoing, i was always out, and never stayed in at home on my own, plus i worked full time, now i have to claim incapacity benefit money as i am classed as incapacitated due to my agoraphobia which is caused by my horrible acne scarring.

I swear i am cursed by the devil himself.

i go out at anytime really...but i just try to avoid those places with wierd lighting. i once took a mirror outside with me to see how i looked...it was better than i looked in my mirror in my bathroom.

the only thing that really gets me are tinted windows on cars...ugh.

i mean is that what our scars really look like? bc if so then mine are way worse then i usually see it as

even when i go joggin, i have to wait til the sun's down, so i can still see, but no one can see my battered frickin face.

i feel comfy at night, til i see an up-and-coming lamp post that i gotta walk under. then i start sweatin n plannin how to avoid it. HA! all that just to walk under a lamp post.

if i'm walkin w/ someone and i hit bad lighting, i turn my face in the other direction. even if i have to turn my face AWAY from them, which they probably think is pretty frickin odd. but hey, i'm just tryin to live