Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poordaughterhasacne

breakouts from makeup

my dd has started using physicians formula mineral pressed powder. Now I was kind of thinking it might be breaking her out but now I am not sure. The reason I am not sure is because it just seems like the one side of her face that has always been her worse side is the side breaking out. If it was from the makeup wouldn't she have a breakouts on more then just one side of her face? The lesft side of her face is clear but for some reason the right side just refuses to clear up. It actually seems like it is getting worse.

I actually usually break out on one side of my face at the time. I just got the left side cleared up, and low and behold a couple days later and now my right side is breaking out. What you may want to do is order her a free sample from Everyday Minerals and see how that works. You just pay the shipping (which can be as low as 3.97!) After doing research yesteray I discovered the Bare Escentuals and Sheer Cover make-up I had been using actually has the binder bismuth oxychloride, which is a byproduct of lead refining and clogs pores. Everyday Minerals does not use this!

my dd has started using physicians formula mineral pressed powder. Now I was kind of thinking it might be breaking her out but now I am not sure. The reason I am not sure is because it just seems like the one side of her face that has always been her worse side is the side breaking out. If it was from the makeup wouldn't she have a breakouts on more then just one side of her face? The lesft side of her face is clear but for some reason the right side just refuses to clear up. It actually seems like it is getting worse.

How long was she using the makeup before she started to break out?

idk I think close to 2 weeks.

idk I think close to 2 weeks.

Being someone who was totally clear but had to change makeups and am now experiencing breakout caused by the makeup I can totally sympathize with your daughter's situation. Even if something isn't acne-causing for one person, doesn't mean it is safe for everyone. I'm proof of that. I have used makeups that others could wear, only to find that they aggravate my skin --- in a range of ways! And yes, it isn't surprising to me that she might only be breaking out in one region of her face. It can still be that the makeup is aggravating her already acne prone / sensitive skin.

I'm trying yet another makeup this week, or I'd suggest which one works for me.

All I can suggest is that you google about ingredients in mineral makeup, and then search for mineral makeups that contain as few ingredients as possible to limit the chance of irritation. Also, it is rare, but some people are even sensitive to mica. So try for simple forumals, and even then you might have to try several makers. For example, one super simple formula made my face sting - even though its ingredients were the same as several others. I suspect that purity of ingredients / quality and particle size shape can be a factor for those of us who are ultra ultra sensitive.

Keep trying!!

hey, i just got your msg and i replied back..im so sorry to hear :(

and yes, i totally agree with the person above me. i got clear then i started playing around with a few makeup, started breaking out again like crazy. physicians formula was one of them and i really loved the coverage but it did clog pores. and yes, it is possible to get tons of breakouts on just one side of cheeks.. but the thing is, once you start using your acne products and start to clear up, you will notice that the side that was actually clear before wasnt actually really clear and you will start noticing another break out on the "old clear side" well at least it was like that for me before..

i really think you should try out the makeup that i recommended before.. i was very doubtful but at leas im seeing improvement so i dont think its causing any prob for me. *knock on wood*