Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kukumalu

Candida & Vegetarianism

I'm pretty certain that I have Candida.

I've had IBS for a number of years, mostly IBS-D. My triggers seem to be sugar and gluten. I have also been vegetarian (on and off) since before I got IBS.

Now, I haven't been tested for Candida but I have a number of its symptoms. My question is, how can I get protein into my diet when following a strict Candida diet and remaining vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free? It seems rather difficult but I can't stand the thought of eating animals again.

Also, after how long would I see results with my bloating, acne and IBS-D after following a Candida diet?

Thank you [:

Would you be willing to eat eggs? I'm 20 years old, and I've been vegetarian since I was 13. I even went a couple years vegan, and believe it or not, I even tried 8 months eating only raw vegan (that was quite an experience, I did that hoping it would help with my acne, which it did at first because I was eating only low-glyciemic foods).

Now I eat raw dairy and pasture-raised eggs and I'm finally clearing up for the first time since I was 13. I quit eating ALL grains and beans and ALL sugar except for 1-2 pieces of fruit per day.

I also make hemp protein smoothies. I weight train, and I've found hemp protein powder and seeds to be one of best protein sources available.

Yeah [: I'm thinking tons of organic eggs. Then I can maybe fatten up a bit. I'm 6 foot and weigh 105lbs. So I really need to put some weight on. Bear in mind that I have very little muscle though.

Yeah [: I'm thinking tons of organic eggs. Then I can maybe fatten up a bit. I'm 6 foot and weigh 105lbs. So I really need to put some weight on. Bear in mind that I have very little muscle though.

Are you male or female? I'm 6'1" and weigh 172 pounds (I'm a guy). If you start eating hemp protein and organic eggs, and start working out, you should gain quality muscle weight really fast. But it'll take a few months of consistent exercise, depending on how bad the candida is, since candida can seriously stop you from gaining weight). It's good that you're avoiding grains and sugar, too, my face didn't start to clear up until I did that, and I suspect that I used to have a mild candida issue.

You can read my thread "Almost clear" that I posted the other day to read my acne story.

Yes, eggs are a good source of protein but if you are gonna be eating a lot of eggs, make sure you get a lot of fiber. When I first started my diet I ate loads of eggs but I didn't get enough fiber and it gave me really bad stomach pains and I was constipated. Nuts are also a good source of protein, I eat a lot of almonds. I've read that peanuts and cashews are really bad though. If you search on Google for "Anti-Candida Diets" you will find a whole bunch of info about things you can eat and things you should stay away from. That's what I did. :)