Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mui mui

Hydroquinone

some people on this board do use hydroquinone for their marks, but its mainly used to heal brown colored marks, as opposed to red. It also has pretty bad side effects, so there is definately other products u can try before you try hydriquinone. such as AVc, fote aloe vera, or other AHA's like aqua glycolic or alpha hydrox enhanced lotion.

I use it an love it. I don't know what the user above me is saying about "bad side effects." I haven't had anything but fast, positive results. You can even see how much my scar has faded in my album.

anyone use hyrdroquinone for fading old left over acne scars?

I use it and found it is the ONLY thing that clears up my skin and helps with old spots. The spots don't go away completely, but I notice a difference in their appearance, for sure. Alpha Hydrox used to make something called Fade Cream and it worked wonders. Unfortunately they discontinued Fade Cream which came in a 3.5oz jar for $12 and replaced it with a .85oz tube called Spot Treatment for $10. I guess they realized they could make more money with a smaller container. Go figure. Anyway, I've read that some countries have banned hydroquinone because it can cause possible problems.

For people using hydroquinone did it make your face turn bright red? Because my face is BRIGHT RED, and it's hurting because of it.

For people using hydroquinone did it make your face turn bright red? Because my face is BRIGHT RED, and it's hurting because of it.

Yes! It'll fade but I definitely recommend starting out using this at night only. Also, be sure to use a moisturiser with an SPF. The burning will go away and as time goes on it won't hurt anymore. Oh, yeah, hydroquinone makes you skin sensitive to the sun, so if you go outside part of your face will go red, like you have a sunburn, so try and avoid the sun as much as possible. Your face won't always be red and it wont always hurt, don't worry. It fades after about 20 minutes.